• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce w/out an available spouse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meck1972

i'm currently living in pittsburgh, pa and am about to get maried to an old friend of mine.

she just told me that she is married to soembody who left her a long time ago (he went back to china) and she has lost all contact with her husband.

i need to know what the procedures are for her to file for a divorce. there is no chance of getting in contact with her husband. can we just get married? does she need a divorce? if so: how to go about it, given these specific circumstances? how long will it take for the divorce to be "over with?" where does she need to file for a divorce? fl or pa?

more info about the case: i belive my future wife got married in florida. we are thinking about getting married in pa.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">