• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorced/house being sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carolspage

My question is My x husband and I own a house which is being sold, Right now it is under an option to purchase agreement. Before signing the agreement my x husband and I did a division of property agreement as to who get how much and of the personal property since this was not done at the time of the divorce. The agreement is not 50/50 but both parties signed the agreement and it was noterized and attached to the option agreement. NOW the x husband says he does not agree and wants to take it to court. My question is the agreement we had and noterized and attached... IS IT LEGAL? Will it stand up in court?
It was just signed April 2001 been divorced 2 years.
Thanks

L

lawrat

depends on a number of factors, including the disposition of the divorce decree and if it conflicts with your private agreement.

let him take you to court and see what happens. Otherwise, I suggest you at least consult with a transactional attorney and see what his/her initial thought is.

www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">