• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorced and living together

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamnorman

What is the name of your state? Florida:eek: A friend of mine iss legally divorced and has let his ex-wife move in for awhile...Will she have any legal rights to property or monies???? Please help!!!!

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Florida:eek: A friend of mine iss legally divorced and has let his ex-wife move in for awhile...Will she have any legal rights to property or monies???? Please help!!!!
Nope. But, why are YOU asking for help for your friend? If he thought it would be a problem, why did he let her move in?

pamnorman

He felt bad and made the quick decission before thinking and then was worried after the fact.So he asked if I knew and I said I would try and find out is that ok I was trying to help a friend

LdiJ

No, because she no longer has any legal relationship to him. Its like having any other non-related person as a temporary guest. Assuming that he is not foolish enough to add her name to any assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">