• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorced - refuse to split.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

We-Man

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PENNSYLVANIA
Hello freeadvice, im new to the forum and need desparate help for my mother.

My parents havent gotten along for 2 years, before my mom finally decided to go buy a house and moved out winter 07'.

They had a bank account together but my dad withdrew everything out before her knowlege and before the divorce happened.

They finally did the divorce late 08'

Now that they live in separate houses, legally divorced, they came to an agreement to sell the house that HE is livin in. Which is under both their names.

They agreed to sell the house, realtor is involve, we have a serious buyer now. The soon to be new owners want to move in at the end of aug, but HE need time to move, and wants to stay til the end of OCT. So they counter his offer and willin to give him til sept 15th. But my dad refuse to move out that early.
In this hard economic times its hard to find a buyer, and the house has been up for months now and finally have a serious buyer.

I offered to help him move what ever he needs to get out, Which is NOT much at all. A couch, a TV, stereo equip, tables, and kitchen appliance, and some tools, We took everything else when My mom moved.
So pretty much its a one day project EASY.
His mother lives in Cali which is where he said hes goin.

So what im askin you is.. we agreed to sell the house, but hes givin the realtor, and buyer a hard time about when HE WANTS to leave the property.

Is there anything a lawyer can do to get him to go?
IS there anything a Lawyer can do about the money that was taken from the bank?

He is just givin my mom a hard time, withdrawing the money from the bank, and pretty much refusing to sell the house, So he can stay there.

My mother is so stressed out about it and her emotions are thru the roof. Im tryin my to help out, and need ideas of what to do. thanks crew!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PENNSYLVANIA
Hello freeadvice, im new to the forum and need desparate help for my mother.

My parents havent gotten along for 2 years, before my mom finally decided to go buy a house and moved out winter 07'.

They had a bank account together but my dad withdrew everything out before her knowlege and before the divorce happened.

They finally did the divorce late 08'

Now that they live in separate houses, legally divorced, they came to an agreement to sell the house that HE is livin in. Which is under both their names.

They agreed to sell the house, realtor is involve, we have a serious buyer now. The soon to be new owners want to move in at the end of aug, but HE need time to move, and wants to stay til the end of OCT. So they counter his offer and willin to give him til sept 15th. But my dad refuse to move out that early.
In this hard economic times its hard to find a buyer, and the house has been up for months now and finally have a serious buyer.

I offered to help him move what ever he needs to get out, Which is NOT much at all. A couch, a TV, stereo equip, tables, and kitchen appliance, and some tools, We took everything else when My mom moved.
So pretty much its a one day project EASY.
His mother lives in Cali which is where he said hes goin.

So what im askin you is.. we agreed to sell the house, but hes givin the realtor, and buyer a hard time about when HE WANTS to leave the property.

Is there anything a lawyer can do to get him to go?
IS there anything a Lawyer can do about the money that was taken from the bank?

He is just givin my mom a hard time, withdrawing the money from the bank, and pretty much refusing to sell the house, So he can stay there.

My mother is so stressed out about it and her emotions are thru the roof. Im tryin my to help out, and need ideas of what to do. thanks crew!
Was the agreement to sell the house part of the divorce settlement? IE was it signed off on by the judge as part of the divorce settlement?

If so, then she can file for contempt for his non-cooperation with the sale.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">