• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"divorcing"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? PA
I am really just looking for legalities here, please dont condemn me or feel sorry for me in any way. I just need advice.. I dont want to lose things that I have put in my name and worked so hard for to someone that wont even show that he loves me anymore.
We are not married, but have been living together since we first started dating, just over 2 years now. We do nothing but fight anymore and it seems as though he doesnt want to try to work things out. I am pretty sure that we will be going our separate ways soon, and I just have a few questions to ask**************....
1. What is his and what is mine?
We have 2 cars in both names, only one is driveable and it was bought with a check through my credit card company. (the credit card is only in my name)

We also have a 2001 PT Cruiser, only in my name.. We traded both of our cars in on this. I hate the car, and dont even want it. He blew the motor up after we had only had it for a little over 6 months. Then I had to put $1500 on a credit card to replace the motor, and it has been sitting at the dealership to be sold since august. $3500 of the loan for this car was what he still owed on his car and didnt get when we traded them in.

The computer was bought the same way and is only in my name...yet he claims that it is his.

Our 2 four wheelers where bought in the same way..

A trailer for the four wheelers was bought using $100 of the savings in my name only and he paid $50..

I also used a credit card check to pay his lawyer $1500 so that he could try to get his son overnites on the weekends..

My puppy was a Christmas present in 2004, but he put him in his name at the vet and through the Treasurer's office for the dog's lifetime license..
This is really the only one I'm truly concerned about... He's my baby..

We have no children together, and I really dont want to break up, but he only wants to accuse me of things I didnt do and argue.. He has started to show an explosive temper that began in late September, so much to the point that my puppy (Axle) wont let him come near me until he calms down, and even then has a very watchful eye with him.

LdiJ

hugs-n-kisses said:
What is the name of your state? PA
I am really just looking for legalities here, please dont condemn me or feel sorry for me in any way. I just need advice.. I dont want to lose things that I have put in my name and worked so hard for to someone that wont even show that he loves me anymore.
We are not married, but have been living together since we first started dating, just over 2 years now. We do nothing but fight anymore and it seems as though he doesnt want to try to work things out. I am pretty sure that we will be going our separate ways soon, and I just have a few questions to ask**************....
1. What is his and what is mine?
We have 2 cars in both names, only one is driveable and it was bought with a check through my credit card company. (the credit card is only in my name)

We also have a 2001 PT Cruiser, only in my name.. We traded both of our cars in on this. I hate the car, and dont even want it. He blew the motor up after we had only had it for a little over 6 months. Then I had to put $1500 on a credit card to replace the motor, and it has been sitting at the dealership to be sold since august. $3500 of the loan for this car was what he still owed on his car and didnt get when we traded them in.

The computer was bought the same way and is only in my name...yet he claims that it is his.

Our 2 four wheelers where bought in the same way..

A trailer for the four wheelers was bought using $100 of the savings in my name only and he paid $50..

I also used a credit card check to pay his lawyer $1500 so that he could try to get his son overnites on the weekends..

My puppy was a Christmas present in 2004, but he put him in his name at the vet and through the Treasurer's office for the dog's lifetime license..
This is really the only one I'm truly concerned about... He's my baby..

We have no children together, and I really dont want to break up, but he only wants to accuse me of things I didnt do and argue.. He has started to show an explosive temper that began in late September, so much to the point that my puppy (Axle) wont let him come near me until he calms down, and even then has a very watchful eye with him.
Anything that is in your name only is your property. Any debt that is in your name only is your debt.

Anything that is owned jointly belongs to both of you, and will have to be divided one way or another. Any debt that belongs to both of you also has to be divided, but you are likely to get stuck with it if you want to protect your credit.

If the puppy was a Christmas present to you, but his is listed as the owner, that could be a problem. You may have to take that to small claims court.

LdiJ

hugs-n-kisses said:
He has agreed to take out a loan to cover half of the debts. Is a verbal agreement on this binding??
No, its not....however that also doesn't stop you from taking him to small claims court for that as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">