• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing a foriener who doesn't want a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NeedToBeFreed

Hello, I've been married to a girl from the Czech republic for three and a half years. The whole time this woman has not worked and only hurt our situation financially with phone bills and dental bills. She has also been abusive and a complete nutcase since we've been married. I want out!!! She says she will not sign divorce papers and is saying she wants half of "everything." Fact is, most of the money we have is in the negative numbers. Mortgage, credit cards, car loan. She does not have her green card yet and is still a temporary resident. We are supposed to go to INS for another interview soon. I do not want to go to the interview. I want a divorce!! What are my options?? Will her refusal to work be a factor in a courts decision of a settlement. She really deserves nothing. She does nothing, not even clean the house. Are these valid issues concidering finalization of a divorce? Thank you for any advice at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">