• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorcing future x spouse wants jury trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xray101

What is the name of your state?TX I filed for divorce in 2003 my ex has done everything to prevent this from happening. He has requested psych exams social studies in which I passed all. He wants sole custody of our 5 yr old whom he didnt want until I filed for divorce. Now he wants a jury trial for our divorce and custody case. Is there an end to this? What happened to a speedy trial. I cannot afford the jury trial he is behind in support and always has been. I have other children from a previous marriage who also need to move on with their lives. There is a question that he abused my children but not his own. Is there any time limit to getting a divorce and dragging it out for years? We are common people no estates or money involved. I need to move on with my life but see no end in sight. Any suggestions or anyone been through simiar situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">