• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing An Inmate In The State Of Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beforeu2

What is the name of your state? TEXAS. I am in the process of divorcing my incarcerated husband. We have 3 children and I am not finanincally able to pay a lawyer to get a divorce, so I am doing it myself....I just need to know how to word the divorce provisions that give me custody, and the opportunity to recall after he is released from prison, to get assistance from him as far as child support goes

Thanks
Mona

C

cyana

Some "Family Cts" have forms too.

You might try calling your local "Family Court" as well to see if they have any do -it-yourself forms. In my state the Family Ct system has forms you can download and file at little cost, including Petitions for Divorce and Petitions for CS (when he is released from prison, of course). Good Luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">