• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing..now receiving threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catstevenson

I live in AZ.

My husband and I are in the middle of a divorce. A mutual divorce where both of us share equal custody of our 2 year old son. Since separating I have maintained my full time job, have my own vehicle, my own apartment, and am able to support and take care of my child. I filed for divorce in September. In this time many events have happen that have changed our situation. This morning my ex threaten to take my son away from me forever.

A bit of back story. We married when we were both 21 years old, have been married for 8 years. It has been a rocky relationship, sometimes good sometimes bad, he was physically and emotionally abusive for years (including during my pregnancy) and I dealt with severe depression, which I received help for, for years. Although I never reported the abuse, a matter that now I fully regret. After giving birth to our son things got better but we became very distant until he finally decided to leave. I tried to peruse and "get him back" but was unsuccessful and only caused myself more sorrow. So I decided it was time to move on. I filed for divorce. Moved on with my life. Things looked better for me. In October, my ex began to try to "win me back" he became obsessive and since then has been hacking into my emails, social medias, and even tampered with my phone somehow to intercept my text messages.Not just mine but also my friend's accounts! He also has been contacting my friends pretending to be cell phone carrier representatives. He's also told me he's followed me and has hired a PI to follow me and take pictures of me out and about but also he showed me photos taken through a gap in the blinds from outside my friend's home. Despite this insane pile of facts we tried to talk to see if things could work out. I know it's crazy. Its difficult for many reasons and I told him it would be lots of work. There are many issues but mostly intimate since he confessed to have slept with several women, as recent as Christmas day (few days ago) when he disappeared for a day and a half because he has "needs" and since I cannot satisfy them he "must find them elsewhere". I must admit that during our separation I "dated" another man, which is why I think my ex has become obsessive about me and him. My ex frequently contacts this man via phone/text and has even gone to his home. This man has threaten to call the police but has not done so yet. I stopped seeing this man because I was scared.

This morning my ex told me he placed some sort of gps device to know my location in my vehicle; which I solely own. He told me my current location over the phone. I don't know if this is true yet. He proceed to tell me that he would take my son away. He said many other insulting things which I will not repeat, anyhow he said he'll use recordings, texts, photos, AND especially my past trauma with depression to "take" my son away and that I would be sorry for not loving him anymore.

I have endured many forms of abuse from him, embarrassments, and forgave him for years but the line is drawn here; by using my son. I've never hurt my son and I never once threaten to take him from his father either. I wanted a civil split and think I am entitled to my privacy (which I have none and neither do my friends). I wanted both of us to have equal responsibilities and time with our son and the terms of our divorce are clear, terms that he accepted and signed.

I need to get away from him. I have been very irresponsible by not reporting him now he thinks he has ownership on me and my privacy. I haven't done anything wrong but truly am afraid he'll use my former depression and difficult years against me.

Ladyback1

and your question is???

First thing you need to do is report his recent activities to the police, and then file (through) the courts for an order of protection/no contact order/restraining order.

Anything that needs to be discussed in regards to the divorce should be going through attorneys.

catstevenson

and your question is???

First thing you need to do is report his recent activities to the police, and then file (through) the courts for an order of protection/no contact order/restraining order.

Anything that needs to be discussed in regards to the divorce should be going through attorneys.

I guess I just want to know what steps I should take. Since I have no proof of any of these things he's saying. I feel completely helpless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">