• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing and pregnant- Any way around this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

IF there is a medically necessary reason that a CVS or amnio needs to be done, it MAY be possible to legally establish fiance's paternity prior to birth using some of the genetic material drawn.

If you wanted a divorce, why blame the delay on HIS foot dragging? You could have filed yourself.

stressedex

IF there is a medically necessary reason that a CVS or amnio needs to be done, it MAY be possible to legally establish fiance's paternity prior to birth using some of the genetic material drawn.

If you wanted a divorce, why blame the delay on HIS foot dragging? You could have filed yourself.

I am well aware that I could have filed myself. I never claimed that I couldn't, nor did I blame him. My point was that I have been ready to divorce him since our separation 2 years ago. I am simply stating the facts. However, my STBX has serious problems, among them financial problems, and he couldn't afford an attorney. I agreed to wait until he was out of his financial trouble, and he failed to inform me that it had passed and that his situation had improved.

Yes, HE dragged his feet. I could have filed, but I was trying to show compassion toward him. Is that unheard of? Why get hung up on the reason for the delay? My question was regarding the need to get my divorce over with and asking if there was any way around this issue.

Of course, now, the issue is moot, as there is a solution to my problem and I'll be switching attorneys. I certainly won't be back HERE for legal advice! What a mess!

Last edited:

stressedex

Your attorney, who IS licensed in Oklahoma (presumably), has already given you your answer.
A legally licensed attorney gave me incorrect advice once before, which nearly resulted in the loss of about $15,000. Now, it seems that this attorney has done the same. Laziness, perhaps? Last I knew, attorneys were human and capable of error. What's wrong with getting a second opinion?

Last edited:

stressedex

Never mind!

Fortunately, my neighbor, who is a lawyer, just gave me some free legal advice. I'll be firing my attorney immediately and hiring him since he is aware of the easy way around this issue. Problem solved.

A lesson for some of you- please answer only if you KNOW the answer, please don't waste their time with what you THINK you know. My neighbor told me that, theoretically, a lay person could be liable for offering incorrect legal advice.

Last edited:
Fortunately, my neighbor, who is a lawyer, just gave me some free legal advice. I'll be firing my attorney immediately and hiring him since he is aware of the easy way around this issue. Problem solved.
Oh yeah that is probably the smartest move you can make, hire your next door neighbor, and then what happens when his "shortcut" to your problem blows up in your face? you will have to fire him and then move to cuz it certainly wont be a very amicable situation.

You sure are making one intelligent decision after another arent you....

>Charlotte<

Lurker
A lesson for some of you- please answer only if you KNOW the answer, please don't waste their time with what you THINK you know.
And another lesson is to not pretend you found an attorney who agrees with you, because that never fools anybody.

By the way, I'm a layperson. Feel free to theoretically sue me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The easy way around the issue is not to be pregnant any longer. You can determine how you don't want to be pregnant. There are various ways. A court MIGHT hold custody of this child in abeyance until after the child's birth but no guarantees. Most likely the hearing will be delayed until after the birth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">