• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorcing someone who is incarcerated? questions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justasking05

What is the name of your state? this is in Arkansas

I have been married for just about a year to an inmate who was incarcerated when we got married, and who still is now. I want information on how to get divorced from him. Does he have rights while incarcerated? I know nothing about how to do this, I would appreciate any information. Can he contest it? Will he know that I have filed?

LdiJ

justasking05 said:
What is the name of your state? this is in Arkansas

I have been married for just about a year to an inmate who was incarcerated when we got married, and who still is now. I want information on how to get divorced from him. Does he have rights while incarcerated? I know nothing about how to do this, I would appreciate any information. Can he contest it? Will he know that I have filed?
Of course he will know that you have filed. You can't get divorced without him knowing about it. He may be able to contest the divorce but he can't stop you from getting one. What were you even thinking in the first place?
You should consult an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">