• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing...spouse does not want to move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Desperate in NY

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
I am at the final stages of divorce from my husband. I have asked him to leave (he has a child from a previous relationship who I helped get into the U.S. from another country) with his child out of my house. He signed a post-nuptial agreement; therefore, he cannot ask for my home, which I purchased 5 years before we married. He spends all of his nights out. By the way, he is unemployed and I am working. Returns when I go to work to sleep and shower; when I get home from work he goes out. We have a 2 year old son together. Can I remove him before the papers arrive or do I have to wait until I have them in my hand to get him and his child, who has been stealing from my 9 year old from a previous relationship) and has behaviorial problems,What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">