• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing Wife who lives overseas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thejuggler1@mac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I am currently pursuing an uncontested amicable divorce from my wife who currently lives in Israel. We separated over 18 months ago and she moved back home to Israel where she is very happy. We have committed to getting a divorce but I have no idea how to do this. I am a graduate student (very poor) and I cannot afford an attorney. She will never be returning to the US. I do not know what to do here. Nobody has given me any useful advice other than "File for divorce." Okay, how? How can I do it myself or for free? Where are the resources? Anything. I need help here.

I am currently pursuing an uncontested amicable divorce from my wife who currently lives in Israel. We separated over 18 months ago and she moved back home to Israel where she is very happy. We have committed to getting a divorce but I have no idea how to do this. I am a graduate student (very poor) and I cannot afford an attorney. She will never be returning to the US. I do not know what to do here. Nobody has given me any useful advice other than "File for divorce." Okay, how? How can I do it myself or for free? Where are the resources? Anything. I need help here.
Most graduate students I know(poor or not) have heard of Google! Any number of searches will come up with thousands of articles and web sites. You need to start doing a little more research and narrow down your questions here. We'd all be glad to help...but come on...your a graduate student...and you should know what doing research is all about.

HomeGuru

**A: I suggest you ask your college or university for a refund since it appears that they never educated you on doing proper research on a specifc subject. Have you heard of internet search engines, public libraries and book stores?

thejuggler1@mac

Novel ideas guys. Seriously. Do you really think that I would have found this site without extensive searches and research. This was part of the research process, not my sole resource. I kept it simple as I was looking for some frame of reference to minimize my efforts. I have many options already but I am posting the exact same synopsis on several forums to see if anyone has dealt with the exact issue I am facing. I have found that drawing on the experience of those who have gone before me is the most efficient way to obtain an appropriate solution to a problem. "FreeAdvice". Apparently the only thing that is free here is a condescending attitude coupled with egos that lack the basic principles of empathy and compassion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">