• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorcing with or without children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TinaLynn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

If neither my husband or I have legal custody of our son would I still have to file for divorce with children or can I file without?

Proserpina

If neither my husband or I have legal custody of our son would I still have to file for divorce with children or can I file without?
I'm not entirely sure what it is you're asking....

Who does have custody of your son?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Yes you would have to file with children and explain to the court why the court does NOT have jurisdiction of the children in your divorce case.

nextwife

And, if Dad and you had been together paying CS to the guardian (you said "your" son, is this child also his son?) you and he will need to go modify have the CS obligation divided out. Is there ONE CS order now, or is there an order against each of you individually?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">