• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divore

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saranick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State
does WA state require legally acceptable reason for divorce ?
I am the working parent with hubby who takes care of the kids , does not want to do anything as a matter of fact believes I should be the one to pay him alimony and He will take the kids and be the Mom. Now I see something is wrong with the picture ? does He has the right to something like this ? threatens to claim that I am crazy woman the list goes on and what if He does not want to sign the divorce papers.

Just Blue

I am the working parent with hubby who takes care of the kids , does not want to do anything as a matter of fact believes I should be the one to pay him alimony and He will take the kids and be the Mom. Now I see something is wrong with the picture ? does He has the right to something like this ? threatens to claim that I am crazy woman the list goes on and what if He does not want to sign the divorce papers.
He is the primary care giver for the children. That is most CERTAINLY doing something! Alimony is possible depending on the length of the marrage...at least for a short time. He will likely be give Primary Custody as he is already the primary care giver. He doesn't have to "be the Mom" as he is already the Dad.

mistoffolees

You really need an education. Divorce is gender neutral. It doesn't which gender takes care of the kids. The one who is the primary caretaker will have the edge when it comes to custody.

It doesn't matter which gender has the higher income. If the marriage is long enough, the one with the higher income may well end up paying alimony to the one with less income (note that he MAY be imputed income, but that is generally relatively low).

If you're insisting that you're entitled to the kids simply because of your genetic makeup and that he's not entitled to alimony simply because he has a Y chromosome, then he's right -- you ARE a crazy woman.

You should start to educate yourself by reading the posts on this board (or other boards). There are also FAQ sections you should read. Then do some specific research for your state. Consult an attorney. Learn before making your situation worse than it is.

Start here:
Divorce In Washington State

W

WVA

No, WA is a "no fault" state.

2178623 said:
The following is NOT legal advice merely opinion:
You may have to pay alimony as your husband has not worked HOWEVER is he unemployed for a reason (is he disabled etc)? If he is able to work, you may be able to get away with a lower payment or shorter term for alimony. Everything depends on your specific situation. Threats are easily thrown around in the pre-divorce stages. If you are concerned about losing your children, hire an attorney. As for alimony itself, see RCW 26.09.090.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">