• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DNA test Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gum_Drop

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LA

Can a positive DNA test prove adultery?

To be more exact, can that test be used as evidence of said adultery?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LA

Can a positive DNA test prove adultery?

To be more exact, can that test be used as evidence of said adultery?
Yes. If a married woman has a child and the child's DNA does not match her husband, that's pretty strong evidence that she committed adultery (assuming the test was done properly, etc).

nextwife

I was actually asking about the husband. But I assume the answer would remain the same.
Has there been a positive DNA tesat, or is the wife thinking she can compel a woman to have her child tested to see if her hsuband's DNA matches?

mommyof4

he was served with papers yesterday, to take a test DNA test
Then I suggest he take the DNA test or find himself declared the legal father by default.

And yes, the reverse holds true. If DNA shows that he contributed half of the child's genes, then he had sex with the woman (either that, or he donated his sperm at a sperm bank.;))

what the heck are you talking about ? this lady never mentioned her children .she only wanna determine if the testimony is strong enough to corroborate that her spouse has committed adultery with another woman. I guess she has found out some stuff as a piece of handchief on which there is abother woman~secretionand her spouses .If what i supposed is true the DNA TEST IS essential.

nextwife

what the heck are you talking about ? this lady never mentioned her children .she only wanna determine if the testimony is strong enough to corroborate that her spouse has committed adultery with another woman. I guess she has found out some stuff as a piece of handchief on which there is abother woman~secretionand her spouses .If what i supposed is true the DNA TEST IS essential.
Where did she post that?

She can't compel a third party to provide DNA for a divorce case, just to fish if some fluids belong to them.

mistoffolees

There are major problems with that. The biggest one is how does she prove the secretions came from the other woman?

If the issue is whether the other woman's child came from her husband, then there is still a problem. How is she going to get a court to order husband's alleged girlfriend to submit the child to a DNA test? All the other woman has to do is say 'no' and the court is unlikely to order it because the other woman is not a party to the divorce.

Gum_Drop

I am not asking, the other woman is asking for DNA, all I want to know is if it is his child, can I USE the results of that DNA test, that is being court ordered, (she is the one requesting it) to prove an adulterous affair.

Would that be something a lawyer would be able to get, the results?

Proserpina

I am not asking, the other woman is asking for DNA, all I want to know is if it is his child, can I USE the results of that DNA test, that is being court ordered, (she is the one requesting it) to prove an adulterous affair.

Would that be something a lawyer would be able to get, the results?
If he is established as father...and kiddo was conceived while he was still married to someone else...

You have pretty solid proof of adultery.

Gum_Drop

thank you dogmatique, I know I am about to ask about the FA crystal ball, but how long AFTER the DNA test, does the results come in?

Days, weeks, months???

And unless she has waited 8 yrs to establish paternity, then it would be during our marriage. And within the last 3 years in order for her to have this address to serve him.

He of course is denying it.

nextwife

thank you dogmatique, I know I am about to ask about the FA crystal ball, but how long AFTER the DNA test, does the results come in?

Days, weeks, months???

And unless she has waited 8 yrs to establish paternity, then it would be during our marriage. And within the last 3 years in order for her to have this address to serve him.

He of course is denying it.
There are cases in which a guy was named who had NOT been involved.

Sometimes it's because a buddy might have used his name instead of his own. Guys do LIE about who they are- someone who knew hubby could have falsified his own name during the relationship or one night stand.

Sometimes because of multiple parties with the same name, and they serve the one they can find with that name (Ex Hubby is in the phone book and guy two with same name is not, as an example). Sometimes it's just someone they knew him years ago and they take a shot that he'll be dad by failing to deny..

Look at this case:

Paternity Suit Raises Doubts About DNA Tests : Fathers' Rights, Child Support, Custody

As a woman, I could name George Clooney if I wanted, and he'd have to prove it's not his child.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">