• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do Courts Require Therapy in Divorce When Children are Involved?-Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kate1

HELP! I desperately need to obtain some info. My husband has filed for divorce and we cannot come to an alimony agreement because he is not working. Does the court of Georgia require therapy for the betterment of the children? If so, who pays for the counseling? Do the courts offer free therapy?

Y

youngmom1206

I am also filing for divorce in Georgia. I believe that the requirements are different depending on the county you file in, but where I live, counseling for the children is not mandatory, but it is mandatory for the parents to go to a parenting class about the effects of divorce on children within 30 days of filing, lest you be in contempt of court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">