• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cupcake6248

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK MY ? IS I HAVE BEEN WITH THIS GUY GOING ON TEN YEARS HE HAS SUPPORTED ME WITH MONEY A HOUSE CAR I HAVE NEVER HAD TO WORK JUST A HOME BODY HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING WELL ABOUT A WEEK AGO I FOUND OUT HE IS MARRIED AN THATS HIS REASON FOR GOING OUT OF TOWN ALOT I HAPPEN TO RUN ACROSS SOME PAPER WORK THATS MADE ME AWARE WHEN I CONFRONTED HIM HE TOLD ME I NEED TO MOVE OUT AN HE WILL NOT HELP ME I JUST NEED TO GO SO I FEEL REALLY STUPID TO PUT SO MUCH TRUST IN HIM SO I GUESS WHAT IM ASKING DO I JUST BECOME HOMELESS CAUSE REALLY I HAVE NO RIGHTS THE ******* IS MARRIED

CdwJava

First off, what state are you in?

Second, don't panic. He can't just say "Go" and you have to go. If you have been living there for 10 years, he will have to evict you. If you have been keeping the home and providing for its upkeep this might not be an easy task. But, depending on the laws of your unnamed state he might be able to get you out within 30-90 days.

This is one of the pitfalls of living together and not being married - the person with the property (and money) controls everything and the other party is left with nothing and little recourse. You might want to consider speaking to an attorney that specializes in Family Law because there might be some provision under your state's laws that allow you to receive some relief or compensation due to the length of the relationship. You may have some options here, but you might not know them until you speak with an attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK MY ? IS I HAVE BEEN WITH THIS GUY GOING ON TEN YEARS HE HAS SUPPORTED ME WITH MONEY A HOUSE CAR I HAVE NEVER HAD TO WORK JUST A HOME BODY HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING WELL ABOUT A WEEK AGO I FOUND OUT HE IS MARRIED AN THATS HIS REASON FOR GOING OUT OF TOWN ALOT I HAPPEN TO RUN ACROSS SOME PAPER WORK THATS MADE ME AWARE WHEN I CONFRONTED HIM HE TOLD ME I NEED TO MOVE OUT AN HE WILL NOT HELP ME I JUST NEED TO GO SO I FEEL REALLY STUPID TO PUT SO MUCH TRUST IN HIM SO I GUESS WHAT IM ASKING DO I JUST BECOME HOMELESS CAUSE REALLY I HAVE NO RIGHTS THE ******* IS MARRIED
So you were in an adulterous relationship and now think you have claims to anything? You don't. You shouldn't have been relying on someone to support you. You need to get a job and support yourself. He has to evict you but you were the one who chose this situation.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK MY ? IS I HAVE BEEN WITH THIS GUY GOING ON TEN YEARS HE HAS SUPPORTED ME WITH MONEY A HOUSE CAR I HAVE NEVER HAD TO WORK JUST A HOME BODY HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING WELL ABOUT A WEEK AGO I FOUND OUT HE IS MARRIED AN THATS HIS REASON FOR GOING OUT OF TOWN ALOT I HAPPEN TO RUN ACROSS SOME PAPER WORK THATS MADE ME AWARE WHEN I CONFRONTED HIM HE TOLD ME I NEED TO MOVE OUT AN HE WILL NOT HELP ME I JUST NEED TO GO SO I FEEL REALLY STUPID TO PUT SO MUCH TRUST IN HIM SO I GUESS WHAT IM ASKING DO I JUST BECOME HOMELESS CAUSE REALLY I HAVE NO RIGHTS THE )man) IS MARRIED
Please clarify your state. Do not post in all caps with no punctuation as it makes it hard to read. Also do not use bad language as it violates the TOS of this site.

Cupcake6248

So you were in an adulterous relationship and now think you have claims to anything? You don't. You shouldn't have been relying on someone to support you. You need to get a job and support yourself. He has to evict you but you were the one who chose this situation.
You are correct yes i should have a job an support myself thing with that is i already understand that part im not going to even go there with you cause we can debate about it all day i just wanted some advice its hard to express certain feelings he married but anyway im still young an smart pretty respectful an thanks everyone for the advice thank you so much it helped alot this better lets me no he knew exactly what he was doing an how to do it it dosent make me stupid or slow some things you have no control over but my life i can only determine thank you for the advice

CdwJava

If you are in CA then you might be able to buy some time to stay in the residence, but you really need to speak with an attorney to see if there are any potential "contractual" issues that you might benefit from. There is no "common law" marriage recognized in CA, so that's out, and there's no true "palimony" for cohabitating couples. But, depending on the nature of the relationship, the details, and any promises made, there may be some form of enforceable contract. That's why you really need to speak with a family law attorney right away.

Just Blue

You are correct yes i should have a job an support myself thing with that is i already understand that part im not going to even go there with you cause we can debate about it all day i just wanted some advice its hard to express certain feelings he married but anyway im still young an smart pretty respectful an thanks everyone for the advice thank you so much it helped alot this better lets me no he knew exactly what he was doing an how to do it it dosent make me stupid or slow some things you have no control over but my life i can only determine thank you for the advice
Do you have a strange dislike of punctuation or are you just trolling? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">