• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have rights in this relationship??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suspect40

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I have been in this relationship for 5 years. We have been engaged to be married for 2 years. I sold my place for us. I pay for a motorhome we bought togeather, and for a storage building placed permenantly on his property. I put a majority of my living into his place. I have a daughter and he has a daughter. He drinks heavily, and I have a discipline problem. Tonight I have decided that enough is enough, he called me some horrible names and did some horrible things. What are my rights??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

suspect40 said:
What is the name of your state? New Mexico

and I have a discipline problem.

What are my rights??

==================================

My response:

You have the right to get more discipline. Yee Haaaw! Ride 'em, cowboy!

Seriously, since you're not married, you're not protected under the New Mexico marital laws. So, in all candor, you only have the right to move out whenever you like, and to take only those things that are yours, and that you have a receipt or title to.

By the way, I have no idea what you meant by "I have a discipline problem".

That's it, baby.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">