• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I qualify for annulment for fraud in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hamunpatra

I recently found out that my husband of almost two years biological father is a registered sex offender and that was the reason he did not tell me what he was incarcerated for as he did not want that to have an effect on kids that we planned to have (me thinking it was genetic and he might do something to our kids we planned) and/or just being around his father in general. I knew his father was incarcerated for something but had not clue it was for something like sex offenses as my husband never shared that information and unfortunately I never pressed the subject. I have been together with my husband for almost 9 years but again we have only been married since July 2007 and I only found out about a month ago about his father. I want children and I feel this would have prevented me from marrying him in the first place. I wish to seek an annulment for fraud in California. Please advise and thank you for all assistance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I recently found out that my husband of almost two years biological father is a registered sex offender and that was the reason he did not tell me what he was incarcerated for as he did not want that to have an effect on kids that we planned to have (me thinking it was genetic and he might do something to our kids we planned) and/or just being around his father in general. I knew his father was incarcerated for something but had not clue it was for something like sex offenses as my husband never shared that information and unfortunately I never pressed the subject. I have been together with my husband for almost 9 years but again we have only been married since July 2007 and I only found out about a month ago about his father. I want children and I feel this would have prevented me from marrying him in the first place. I wish to seek an annulment for fraud in California. Please advise and thank you for all assistance.

No you do not qualify for an annulment. This is NOT fraud. So much for for richer, for poorer, for better or for worse. Apparently those vows meant nothing. Your husband's father being a sex offender means nothing and does not prevent you from having a child with your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">