• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do not understand why

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ncsaddad

What is the name of your state?NC
I have been married for 23 years 3 children (19g, 18b, 16b). 7 years ago i had a stroke and a brain tumor. I had to go on permanent disability. I have been going to college and hold a part time job. Recemtly my wife said she does not want to be married any more. I have never done anything wrong (no affair, no abuse, verbal or physical). She has said that I have been changed by the brain tumor and i have changed. I do not know how I have changed, and this is bothering me. She gives me examples that I take life to easy, act like a child sometimes. I have said anyone who has cancer changes and does not take life so easily. She does not understand that. I am confused and bewildered at her actions. My children come to me to say that it is mom who has changed. She is always yelling. She has a lot of influence from her mother. Any advice. :confused:

We As Men

We as men always feel we can fix what is wrong. I am on my 6th marriage and very happy. When my 5th marriage broke up I was just sick. I tried two years to put that relationship back together. I know it is easier said than done, but I have been there and it can be done. You will find someone that thinks you are the greatest thing since grated cheese. Move on before you find out more than you want to about what brought this whole thing to a close. Good Luck.

rmet4nzkx

ncsaddad said:
I have been married for 23 years 3 children (19g, 18b, 16b). 7 years ago i had a stroke and a brain tumor. I had to go on permanent disability. I have been going to college and hold a part time job. Recemtly my wife said she does not want to be married any more. I have never done anything wrong (no affair, no abuse, verbal or physical). She has said that I have been changed by the brain tumor and i have changed. I do not know how I have changed, and this is bothering me. She gives me examples that I take life to easy, act like a child sometimes. I have said anyone who has cancer changes and does not take life so easily. She does not understand that. I am confused and bewildered at her actions. My children come to me to say that it is mom who has changed. She is always yelling. She has a lot of influence from her mother. Any advice. :confused:
You have brain damage, that often changes behavior and/or personality and you would not be aware of it. Have you sought and rehabilitative-neuropsychotherapy? Check with brain injury organizations for information on this, it may be helpful for both of you to understand why you act the wat you do, even so, it may be too difficult for her.

Jenny0372

rmet4nzkx said:
You have brain damage, that often changes behavior and/or personality and you would not be aware of it. Have you sought and rehabilitative-neuropsychotherapy? Check with brain injury organizations for information on this, it may be helpful for both of you to understand why you act the wat you do, even so, it may be too difficult for her.
rmet4nzkx, you have more than a serious problem. For you to even have the audacity to make the diagnosis of brain damage to a person you don't know, have not reviewed, nor are qualified to review his medical records, is asinine at best. You have no idea what you are talking about. I am a nurse and could not even begin to make an educated guess as to what is going on with him. There is not enough info in his post, plus there would have to be specialized testing to determine if he has brain damage. Please explain to me how you came up with his diagnosis? Are you a neurologist? Even if you were a neurologist you could not come up with that diagnosis with the info supplied. Please refrain from making a medical diagnosis when you are not qualified to do so.

tigger22472

Jenny0372 said:
rmet4nzkx, you have more than a serious problem. For you to even have the audacity to make the diagnosis of brain damage to a person you don't know, have not reviewed, nor are qualified to review his medical records, is asinine at best. You have no idea what you are talking about. I am a nurse and could not even begin to make an educated guess as to what is going on with him. There is not enough info in his post, plus there would have to be specialized testing to determine if he has brain damage. Please explain to me how you came up with his diagnosis? Are you a neurologist? Even if you were a neurologist you could not come up with that diagnosis with the info supplied. Please refrain from making a medical diagnosis when you are not qualified to do so.
Although I don't always agree with rmet4... I will back him/her on this one, as I will reply not only to her post but to the op after this. A brain tumor as well as a stroke does quite often cause brain damage. I don't think her making this assumption is way off. Brain damage doesn't have to mean that he's sitting around with his tongue hanging out and drooling all over himself. Have you dealt with people with head injuries? Have you dealt with people who have neurological damage done in the brain? I have, and although the post didn't give a lot of info(again I will reply) it gave enough to give a pretty accurate diagnosis.

tigger22472

rmet4nzkx said:

As I stated above I will back you on this info.

ncsaddad, first you need to speak to your doctors, you and your wife together if you haven't already. Have them show you your x-rays, CAT scans, MRI's if you have to. Have them show you any damage still able to be seen. Obviously there is some or you more then likely wouldn't be on disability. Dealing and living with someone who has had a head injury can be and is difficult. Could your wife be having an affair? Sure, but there is also the possibility that you simply aren't the man she married now.. is that selfish as you can't help that? Yes.. but we nor probably even she can control how she feels.

Almost 3 years ago my husband was a very active 29 year old. He worked his butt off for his family and loved his job. He also took the time out to do things with his family. On one of those outtings we went swimming and he dove into the water breaking his neck in 5 places and hitting his head(causing a laceration at the time and seizures later). Initially it seemed like he was 'out there' with comments. We got past that, however his personality has changed severely. Part of this is due to the fact he can no longer work and had to change his priorities, some is due to the neurological effects. He says, does and reacts to a lot of things way differently then he used to. He IS a different person and NO he doesn't realize it unless I point it out. Do I miss the old person? Sure I do but we just readjusted and live with what we had ... however, honestly if he became someone I wasn't happy with I'm not sure I'd remain married to him. Even in the beginning I would cry that I never cared if he ever walked again as long as his mind was here. We have his mind.. it's just a different one. He is more tolerable... had he gone the other way I probably wouldn't be here.

Again speak with your doctors AND try seeking counseling.. if not you and your wife together, then for yourself. It is difficult coming to terms that things weren't the way they were before, especially if you were extremely happy and active. In the end if your wife wants a divorce there's little you can do if she has her mind set... if you can work on it together then great, if not.. then work on yourself.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ncsaddad said:
My response:

Shoot the mother, and say to your wife, "Hey, you thought I was taking life to easy, didn't you? Well, I was just crazy!"

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

Jenny0372 said:
No jenny, it is YOU who has the serious problem? You may claim to be a nurse, but I doubt it since any nurse should know that both stroke and/or brain tumor by definition are brain damage. Where is your legal advice to OP? Where is your advice to OP as a nurse? You gave none, not a referal to an attorney nor to medical providers. Are you still upset because I am one of the posters who called you on your thread "Opinions wanted" the other day, the one which you since deleted rather than face up to your own issues and think that no one will remember? Even your 2 remaining answers offer no appropriate advice of any sort. If you are ignorant, please don't respond to posts.

Furthermore, I gave appropriate referals to neuropsychologist for assesment and treatment (The appropriate provider to assess cognitive and emotional function as opposed to a neurologist) and to brain injury organizations for other supportive assistance. None of that is making a diagnosis, nor making one without sufficiant information. What is happening is a common result of neuro deficits re executive functioning. Yes, I happen to be a qualified forensic witness, in the field of neuroscience. Tigger gave a dramatic example from a person dealing with a similar situation. Thank you Tigger for supporting my answer.

Also jenny, if I had been out of line, I would have been challenged by one of the other senior members, which did not happen. BTW, since this is someone else's thread even if you delete your post here, my copy of it will remain on record, so there is no covering up of your tracks here :D
Jenny I suggest you deal with your personal issues, quit trying to control other's lives and denying them their legal rights.

IMPORTANT: JENNY, IF YOU ARE A NURSE, PLEASE INFORM YOUR EMPLOYER THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT AND DANGEROUS TO YOUR PATIENTS, they need to know this because they are responsible for your actions. After you have done that, call your ex so that appropriate custody arrangements can be made for your child/children.
EDIT-Jenny just in case you think we don't remember her are some of the posts you deleted on threads such as "overnights with daddy" You have a personal agenda re father having parental rights:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0372
I think you have legitamate concerns according to your post. I also commend you for your breastfeeding your son. Do not try to justify why your are still breastfeeding to those who do not agree. You are the mommy, and obviously want what is best for your son. I looked up some new giudelines on breastfeeding advocated by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Following is a short copy of the article on their recommendations:
OP previously made reference to this in her other posts, if you had bothered to read them, there is some history here and you are making large assumptions.

I am sorry some of the posters are so rude. A little empathy on their part would be nice. I also encourage you to do a search on young children and overnight visits. I think phasing in the overnight visits is conducive to rearing a happy, emotionally healthy, secure child. By phasing in the visits you are insuring that your son not only maintains the trust he has in you, but also helps him to develop a bond and trust relationship with his father. A win, win situation for all. Good luck!
There is no need to be sorry because we are not rude but rather other experienced mothers, some of whom have also breastfeed their children. How the law looks at this issue is the question, not in providing empathy. OP has come to realize that her child needs to be weaned and that her child will greatly benefit from a relationship with their father and that that may even facilitate the process. I have always encouraged mothers to breastfeed their children,, however, it is no excuse to interfere with the relationship between a child and their father, a child needs both parents, not just one with milk on tap. Resolving these issues and learning to coparent a child will greatly reduce stress in their lives.

"Originally Posted by Jenny0372
You, and other posters are absolutely rude. Empathy is a good characteristic in any person. Are you implying that those who have a different opinion than yours are unexperienced mothers? I believe that all parents should facilitate a relationship with the NCP. I also believe the AGE of the child, amount of time NCP has spent with child,whether child is being breast fed, and ability of child to understand circumstances all play a factor in when overnight visits should begin. Because of the situation a divorce puts the CHILDREN in, we as the ADULTS have to make the choice to do certain things to maintain the childs stability, security, and routine that usually come with an intact home. It may not be the most convenient thing for the parents, but in the best interest of the children. I believe huntersmommy is doing and trying to do what is in the best interest of her son. I sense nothing in what she has said that would even remotely imply that she is trying to offset a relationship with her child's father. Everything that she has said has been in direct concern as to what is best for her son. She is also willing to compromise if in the best interest of her son. What would greatly reduce stress on lives would be for parents to start putting the children first, and stop thinking of their own selfish needs. Learning to co-parent is a great concept. The only problem is being a good parent and putting the children's needs first, and the willingness of the parents to work together is a CHOICE. Unfortunately, many do not make that choice....and the vicious cycle continues..."

My response to you then which prompted you to delete your posts:
"Jenny,
Being forthright is not being rude and what is needed on this site. Do you even understand the meaning of empathy vs sympathy? Why you didn't even offer condolences, now who is rude?"
Jenny, you can run but you can't hide. Your lies and agenda are all to clear. You are angry because you didn't get the advice you wanted and because we called you on it when you tried to hijack other threads like you tried here.
You are a troll, you offered no advice here, only an unwarranted and ignorant attack on me. You and your friend, mattdillon and spectropop can go play your games somewhere else.

Last edited:

Jenny0372

rmet4nzkx said:
No jenny, it is YOU who has the serious problem? You may claim to be a nurse, but I doubt it since any nurse should know that both stroke and/or brain tumor by definition are brain damage. Where is your legal advice to OP? Where is your advice to OP as a nurse? You gave none, not a referal to an attorney nor to medical providers. Are you still upset because I am one of the posters who called you on your thread "Opinions wanted" the other day, the one which you since deleted rather than face up to your own issues and think that no one will remember? Even your 2 remaining answers offer no appropriate advice of any sort. If you are ignorant, please don't respond to posts.

Furthermore, I gave appropriate referals to neuropsychologist for assesment and treatment (The appropriate provider to assess cognitive and emotional function as opposed to a neurologist) and to brain injury organizations for other supportive assistance. None of that is making a diagnosis, nor making one without sufficiant information. What is happening is a common result of neuro deficits re executive functioning. Yes, I happen to be a qualified forensic witness, in the field of neuroscience. Tigger gave a dramatic example from a person dealing with a similar situation. Thank you Tigger for supporting my answer.

Also jenny, if I had been out of line, I would have been challenged by one of the other senior members, which did not happen. BTW, since this is someone else's thread even if you delete your post here, my copy of it will remain on record, so there is no covering up of your tracks here :D
Jenny I suggest you deal with your personal issues, quit trying to control other's lives and denying them their legal rights.

IMPORTANT: JENNY, IF YOU ARE A NURSE, PLEASE INFORM YOUR EMPLOYER THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT AND DANGEROUS TO YOUR PATIENTS, they need to know this because they are responsible for your actions. After you have done that, call your ex so that appropriate custody arrangements can be made for your child/children.
EDIT-Jenny just in case you think we don't remember her are some of the posts you deleted on threads such as "overnights with daddy" You have a personal agenda re father having parental rights:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0372
I think you have legitamate concerns according to your post. I also commend you for your breastfeeding your son. Do not try to justify why your are still breastfeeding to those who do not agree. You are the mommy, and obviously want what is best for your son. I looked up some new giudelines on breastfeeding advocated by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Following is a short copy of the article on their recommendations:
OP previously made reference to this in her other posts, if you had bothered to read them, there is some history here and you are making large assumptions.

I am sorry some of the posters are so rude. A little empathy on their part would be nice. I also encourage you to do a search on young children and overnight visits. I think phasing in the overnight visits is conducive to rearing a happy, emotionally healthy, secure child. By phasing in the visits you are insuring that your son not only maintains the trust he has in you, but also helps him to develop a bond and trust relationship with his father. A win, win situation for all. Good luck!
There is no need to be sorry because we are not rude but rather other experienced mothers, some of whom have also breastfeed their children. How the law looks at this issue is the question, not in providing empathy. OP has come to realize that her child needs to be weaned and that her child will greatly benefit from a relationship with their father and that that may even facilitate the process. I have always encouraged mothers to breastfeed their children,, however, it is no excuse to interfere with the relationship between a child and their father, a child needs both parents, not just one with milk on tap. Resolving these issues and learning to coparent a child will greatly reduce stress in their lives.

"Originally Posted by Jenny0372
You, and other posters are absolutely rude. Empathy is a good characteristic in any person. Are you implying that those who have a different opinion than yours are unexperienced mothers? I believe that all parents should facilitate a relationship with the NCP. I also believe the AGE of the child, amount of time NCP has spent with child,whether child is being breast fed, and ability of child to understand circumstances all play a factor in when overnight visits should begin. Because of the situation a divorce puts the CHILDREN in, we as the ADULTS have to make the choice to do certain things to maintain the childs stability, security, and routine that usually come with an intact home. It may not be the most convenient thing for the parents, but in the best interest of the children. I believe huntersmommy is doing and trying to do what is in the best interest of her son. I sense nothing in what she has said that would even remotely imply that she is trying to offset a relationship with her child's father. Everything that she has said has been in direct concern as to what is best for her son. She is also willing to compromise if in the best interest of her son. What would greatly reduce stress on lives would be for parents to start putting the children first, and stop thinking of their own selfish needs. Learning to co-parent is a great concept. The only problem is being a good parent and putting the children's needs first, and the willingness of the parents to work together is a CHOICE. Unfortunately, many do not make that choice....and the vicious cycle continues..."

My response to you then which prompted you to delete your posts:
"Jenny,
Being forthright is not being rude and what is needed on this site. Do you even understand the meaning of empathy vs sympathy? Why you didn't even offer condolences, now who is rude?"
Jenny, you can run but you can't hide. Your lies and agenda are all to clear. You are angry because you didn't get the advice you wanted and because we called you on it when you tried to hijack other threads like you tried here.
You are a troll, you offered no advice here, only an unwarranted and ignorant attack on me. You and your friend, mattdillon and spectropop can go play your games somewhere else.
Nobody that has responded to this man and diagnosed him with brain damage is accurate in any way. Have I worked worth people with brain damage? Strokes? My first job out of nursing school, was on a SNF(skilled nursing facility) unit. Your response to him was out of pure ignorance---but most importantly way out of line. You are NOT QUALIFIED to make any diagnosis on anyone. As I remember, you also diagnosed me. I deleted my posts because I saw no reason to continue to argue over an issue that you were ignorant on. You spew false allegations, are hateful, rude, twist words, leave certain things out to support what you say. Your opinion of me means nothing. You don't know me. You are someone who wants to control all others and hurt people to make yourself feel better. I am sorry you are so insecure that you have to act the way you do. You are also paranoid. Get over it! As far as my issue with my son, it is being resolved with a mediator. We both believe that there is a happy medium. Go ahead, start spewing all your hate, hurtful words, and ignorant advice. Maybe if I have a car issue you can diagnose what is wrong. You already have taken on the jobs of being a physician, attorney, and psychologist. Hell, I'm sure you are an auto mechanic too. Oh, I forgot to mention you are also psychic. You seem to know EVERYTHING about me. You are the be all end all of everything. Don't get a bruise patting yourself on the back. What are the voices telling you to write now? Maybe a little lithium could even you out. Heck, you are probably also a pharmacist and can jump right on that! You go girl!!!!

rmet4nzkx

Jenny0372 said:
Nobody that has responded to this man and diagnosed him with brain damage is accurate in any way. Have I worked worth people with brain damage? Strokes? My first job out of nursing school, was on a SNF(skilled nursing facility) unit. Your response to him was out of pure ignorance---but most importantly way out of line. You are NOT QUALIFIED to make any diagnosis on anyone. As I remember, you also diagnosed me. I deleted my posts because I saw no reason to continue to argue over an issue that you were ignorant on. You spew false allegations, are hateful, rude, twist words, leave certain things out to support what you say. Your opinion of me means nothing. You don't know me. You are someone who wants to control all others and hurt people to make yourself feel better. I am sorry you are so insecure that you have to act the way you do. You are also paranoid. Get over it! As far as my issue with my son, it is being resolved with a mediator. We both believe that there is a happy medium. Go ahead, start spewing all your hate, hurtful words, and ignorant advice. Maybe if I have a car issue you can diagnose what is wrong. You already have taken on the jobs of being a physician, attorney, and psychologist. Hell, I'm sure you are an auto mechanic too. Oh, I forgot to mention you are also psychic. You seem to know EVERYTHING about me. You are the be all end all of everything. Don't get a bruise patting yourself on the back. What are the voices telling you to write now? Maybe a little lithium could even you out. Heck, you are probably also a pharmacist and can jump right on that! You go girl!!!!
ROTFLMAO! Then had to go get my rib brace I laughed so hard, old rib injury!

I have a wide variety of training and experience, I rebuilt my first carburetor when I was 16, so what king of car problem are you having that raises a legal issue?

I have education/training/experience/certification in neuropsychology, neuroscience, medicine, pharmacy, forensics, so yes, I trump your emptying bedpans in a nursing home, my mother did that without a high school education. I am colleagues with some of the big names in these fields.

I have not diagnosed anyone. You obviously don't know anything about brain injury and are not competent to understand, that much is apparent by your posts. How can you say there is anything wrong with refering OP to a neuropsychologist for assessment and treatment?

Now just whom is paranoid?

What advice have you offered OP? Nothing so far. :rolleyes:

L

leojj

ncsaddad,
I have no legal advice but I have a great site that might help you with your questions on your brain tumor. Try the NORD website it was very helpful when my son was dx with a rare brain disease. Also for the one that gets so upset over advice let it go this is a FREE advice site. You get what you ask for. :)

BelizeBreeze

ncsaddad said:
Aside from the cat fight crap that leads nowhere, the only relevant advice anyone can give you is to file for divorce yourself, ask for alimony and custody/ child support and move on with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">