• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do your own divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tking

Ive been apart from my husband for 7 yrs, we have a 13 yr old son.We have nothing to fight over. I just want a quick,easy divorce.I can't see paying a lawyer $1000 for this divorce,especially since I don't have it. Can I do it myself? I don't know where my husband is?

vrzirn

Have you considered that someday he might show up on front page of newspaper "-WON BIG LOTTERY!"? Your son would be entilted to some of that and by doing this divorce yourself you may be giving up some very important rights.

MySonsMom

........and if she won the lottery he would show up on her door step wanting half.....Come on. A divorce would be the answer in this situation. Yes, you can do your own divorce. Without knowing where he is will make the process a little longer. Do a search on do-it-yourself-divorces or better yet; get a free consultation with an attorney.

MSM

vrzirn

I did not say she should not get a divorce! I said that having an attorney would protect any possible rights due her son.

M

MaggieK

TKing
YES you can do it yourself and with very little effort. I have done it myself. Please email me.
Maggie

D

deefran

Actually. it won't be that difficult. If hubby has been gone for 7 years she can file for divorce under abandonment. He has shown no intent to contact or be contacted. Good Luck.

D

dorenephilpot

Go to a library and check out some books on do-it-yourself divorce.

Best of luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">