• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do it yourself??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmacolby

What is the name of your state? NH
Has anyone out there filed for divorce themselves?? I really don't have any money to pay an attorney. I also have nothing to divide. Bet the farm on spouse to open his business and lost. Foreclosed on my home and have filed for bankruptcy. Honestly have nothing left to discuss. I just want to move on! Thanks for the help!:D

BL

Has anyone out there filed for divorce themselves?? I really don't have any money to pay an attorney. I also have nothing to divide. Bet the farm on spouse to open his business and lost. Foreclosed on my home and have filed for bankruptcy. Honestly have nothing left to discuss. I just want to move on! Thanks for the help!:D
Yes, but not in NH .

If it will be uncontested , ask the clerk of the court , if the have an uncontested divorce packet ( my State does ), otherwise search the net for your states forms .

I know some people who have been successful and some who have really dug themselves into a hole. Some of the senior members here are the best to advise you about pro se...but I just want to add that many people assume that because they have no assets...they have nothing to lose. Unfortunately splitting debt is equally as important as splitting assets in my view...and done improperly can become a nightmare. The question of what constitutes marital debt and who is responsible for it isn't always clear cut...and can be contentious. You never know when your going to get a notice from the IRS for back taxes..or your spouse had some debt that was considered for the "benefit of the marital estate" that suddenly surfaced...and if the issue wasn't dealt with properly...you could be on the hook. I personally think getting the proper representation is worth the cost in the long run, particularly since a bankruptcy will also be involved. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">