• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctor Divorce less than 60 days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cm7b5b9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My wife said she wants to go after my license- so she can take half my salary for life- but she never supported me in medical school or paid back any student loans?

Also is it possible to get an anullment?

mistoffolees

My wife said she wants to go after my license- so she can take half my salary for life- but she never supported me in medical school or paid back any student loans?

You'd need to provide a lot more information than you've provided for a definitive answer, but there are a few generalities.

1. Annulments are very difficult to get and are usually more expensive than divorces. If you've been married long enough for alimony to be an issue, an annulment is unlikely, anyway.

2. Half your salary isn't particularly likely under any circumstances. Even if you've been married a long time and she is not capable of working, alimony will probably be less than 50%.

Why not start with a few facts and be precise (does 'doctor divorce after 60 days' mean you've been married for 60 days or you're getting divorced 60 days after you became a doctor?). Also, you might state what your questions is rather than adding a question mark to a statement.

Meanwhile, you need to see an attorney ASAP.

cyjeff

It is very unlikely for one spouse to convince the court that alimony is justified after less than 90 days of marriage.

ariastar

You're a doctor. You should have money for an attorney. Get one. If you say you can't afford one because they're so expensive, welcome to what it's like to need a doctor and not have money for one because doctors are so expensive.

cyjeff

You're a doctor. You should have money for an attorney. Get one. If you say you can't afford one because they're so expensive, welcome to what it's like to need a doctor and not have money for one because doctors are so expensive.
That was very helpful.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">