• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does an affair/liason affect child custody outcome

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zebraB

child custody question

I live in Oklahoma. I am female. My divorce was final in 1993. My ex says that if he'd hired a detective to find out about an extra-marital affair of mine, he would have custody of our son. (He had several affairs, which also might have had bearing on the case, but none of this was brought up on either side).

The question I need to know is, as of 1993, what was the law in OK regarding which parent gets custody if there was an extra-marital affair? a lawyer friend of mine says it would have had no bearing on the case. zebraB

[Edited by zebraB on 05-17-2001 at 04:04 PM]

M

mary ray

If ifs and ands were candy and nuts....I wouldn't wast a nano second thinking about this. Tell him to forget about it, it's over.

Ambr

My divorce was final in 1993.

That says it all. Custody has already been established and unless there is a change in the circumstances that affects the child - there isn't alot he can do about it.

your past is your past. his time to have brought all of this up was at the original hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">