• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Anyone Know Anything About Anullments!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cryingdiamond

Can I get an Anullment???

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I was married on July 15 2002 it is now October 6 2002. During the first month of our marriage I remained in Michigan while he "prepared" things for us. I moved to Missouri(where the marriage took place) August 17 2002. in the course of One months time i was threatened verbally and emotinally abused. On September 26 I moved back to Michigan before things elevated to a point beyond control. Is is possible for me to get an Anullment or must i get a divorce. Please help

p.s. can you get an annulment if you didnt know that your spouse has a warrant out for his arrest.
p.p.s..... its not a change of mind thing to guy who thinks he knows it all. You answer this mr smarty pants would you stay in a relationship if you were being abused lets get real here

Last edited:

djohnson

You are probably going to have to get divorced. Annulments are not for changing your mind. Its for marriage that there were reasons should never have taken place. Such as one party is mentally not able to make that kind of decision. Just realizing you messed means you gotta get divorced.

djohnson

you need to reply not edit inorder to get responses.

and its Mrs Smarty Pants.

I was not giving you personal advise but legally what you can do. Personally you should know someone when you marry them. In your case this didn't happen. What ever the circumstances are Unless you are mentally handicapped or previous married or some other thing that would keep you from saying I DO and knowing what I DO meant you can't get an annulment. Get a divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">