• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Husband has any rights on wife's earnings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

romaak

Hi,
I live in MA, we got married out side USA and staying here on some non-immigrant visa. My wife and me used to work. Initially I decided that I would look after our family needs (All) and my wife will save for our future needs. There was no formal agreement but it was trust worthy word. My wife is so angry always and she doesn't listen to any of my requests. She refused opening joint account. Since I knew her fear and she lost her father back in our home country I understood her every needs and told ok keep money in your name only. So life was going as usual and after 2 years we still had daily quarrel, some times my wife threatened to kill me, beat me etc. Whole mess, I was loving my wife like anything and tried to take her every act as " She may get change”. Every time she do mistake she yelled and acted arrogant and yelled at me. Next day she used to ask sorry. I have lot of proof for the same.

One fine day again we are quarrelling like hell, I am fed up of this and told my wife that our relationship will never work, so this is time for separate. She tells she doesn’t want to separate but she wants to live the way she wants at the cost of my expenses.

She earned enough money and kept that in her name and now she is telling me that she won’t give me any money.

As a poor husband I earned and spent everything for our needs hoping that what is there in my wife’s name is ours. Now I realised about my wife’s planned cunning nature.

Recalling the situation of mine what legal rights I have on the money, which my wife has?

If I apply for divorce while calculating spouse compensation will court consider her money also into account?

Please help me or send me some useful links
Thanks
Robecca

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">