• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a Response HAVE to be filed??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California.
Does a response for Dissolution of Marriage have to be filed even if the respondent agrees to everything that was claimed in the petition??

LdiJ

FreeBird16 said:
What is the name of your state? California.
Does a response for Dissolution of Marriage have to be filed even if the respondent agrees to everything that was claimed in the petition??
No, you don't absolutely have to file a response. However you do absolutely have to show up to court.

Ambr

Don't know if they are called the same in CA, but sounds like a default judgment to me.

Kansas4me

Could you please see my thread "We though the divorce was final but..."

I have a few questions but I don't want to hijack this thread. thanks.

I have a friend that was served and he agrees to the entire petition, he signed the papers as soon as he was served and gave them back to the person serving him.
Now, does she have to have that filed and then they will set up a date and time??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">