• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does who wants the divorce matter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cronny

What is the name of your state?TN

Just wondering, if the wife wants the divorce; does that have ANY affect on the what amount of child support (probably doubtful) or alimony she is entitled to? It just seems unfair that her wanting out should cause such a financial burden on the husband that doesn't.

djohnson

It doesn't matter for child support or alimony. In TN child support is a percentage of your pay. Alimony is based on other factors and may or may not be awarded.

Cronny said:
What is the name of your state?TN

Just wondering, if the wife wants the divorce; does that have ANY affect on the what amount of child support (probably doubtful) or alimony she is entitled to? It just seems unfair that her wanting out should cause such a financial burden on the husband that doesn't.

You are not alone on this. I understood you perfectly how you felt. My wife wanted out of the marriage which I have two kids with her and I was dead against divorce from the beginning, but I had no choice. And by the way, my divorce is in TN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">