• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don´t know what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nowander

What is the name of your state?
Hi
My husband filled for divorce (in Texas) one year ago before he went to Iraq. Two months before he was deployed he took me and our son to my mom´s house in Germany. By the way I am German. We were married in July 2000 and our son was born in Aug 2002. I have a green card and I would like to stay in Texas. Now my questions. He only wants to pay me 350 dollars a month for child support. I have never worked and so far I don´t have work yet. Is there any way that I can make him help me out until I have a job? I already got the papers from him and now I can´t really afford a lawyer sice he hasn´t supported us while he was deployed. All I got was 300 dollars a month. I already talked to the IG (he is in the army) and they told me I am supposed to get the BAH. So far he hasn´t changed it but now that he finally send me the papers he has too. Now how long can I keep the papers and not sign them? Oh and can I stay live in Texas or do I have to go back to Germany. My Green Card is good till 2010. I think for now that´s it but I will probably have more questions later on. Thanks

LdiJ

nowander said:
What is the name of your state?
Hi
My husband filled for divorce (in Texas) one year ago before he went to Iraq. Two months before he was deployed he took me and our son to my mom´s house in Germany. By the way I am German. We were married in July 2000 and our son was born in Aug 2002. I have a green card and I would like to stay in Texas. Now my questions. He only wants to pay me 350 dollars a month for child support. I have never worked and so far I don´t have work yet. Is there any way that I can make him help me out until I have a job? I already got the papers from him and now I can´t really afford a lawyer sice he hasn´t supported us while he was deployed. All I got was 300 dollars a month. I already talked to the IG (he is in the army) and they told me I am supposed to get the BAH. So far he hasn´t changed it but now that he finally send me the papers he has too. Now how long can I keep the papers and not sign them? Oh and can I stay live in Texas or do I have to go back to Germany. My Green Card is good till 2010. I think for now that´s it but I will probably have more questions later on. Thanks
I am confused. You stated that before your ex was deployed he took you and your child to your mother's in Germany. Yet you also talk as if you are currently living in Texas? If you have a valid green card then you are entitled to live in the US if you choose to do so. However you will have to support yourself and pay your share of the support for your child.

Child support is based on the parent's income. 350.00 a month could possibly be correct based on his income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">