• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Due any comp afer 8 yr divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

I have been divorced for 8 yr. but did not know at time of dissolution IF then-husband was having an affair. He has remarried and now is filing for an anulment of our 18+ yr. marriage, during which time we did have a child together. My question is...SHOULD the anulment process disclose that he was being adulterous during the marriage (AND additionally his financial disclosure during the divorce proceedings did suggest he was channeling money elsewhere ...possibly to the new wife and her kids... as he was making very good money and working up the proverbial ladder)...would I be entitled to have this case reexamined for further compensation??

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

I have been divorced for 8 yr. but did not know at time of dissolution IF then-husband was having an affair. He has remarried and now is filing for an anulment of our 18+ yr. marriage, during which time we did have a child together. My question is...SHOULD the anulment process disclose that he was being adulterous during the marriage (AND additionally his financial disclosure during the divorce proceedings did suggest he was channeling money elsewhere ...possibly to the new wife and her kids... as he was making very good money and working up the proverbial ladder)...would I be entitled to have this case reexamined for further compensation??
How can he get an annulment if you are divorced?

nextwife

Besides which - how would an annulment request prove adultery?

Is this request through the courts, or is this a religious annulment?

[email protected]

State: NJ

This is a religious annulment request/process. How could it prove adultery? I'm not sure it will, but my ex started the process through his new wife's archdiocese and the paperwork is enormous as well as personally invasive. He supposedly has supplied "grounds" for the annulment, which COULD be an admittance of having this rel'p with his now wife...

seniorjudge

This is a religious annulment request/process. How could it prove adultery? I'm not sure it will, but my ex started the process through his new wife's archdiocese and the paperwork is enormous as well as personally invasive. He supposedly has supplied "grounds" for the annulment, which COULD be an admittance of having this rel'p with his now wife...
You can't get damages from a religious court.

Zephyr

adultery could actually be one of the grounds for the annulment

the church will also contact you, at that time you have the option of saying whether you would or would not choose to have the marriage annuled

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">