• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

economic times

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sad1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
my husband is hell bent on a 90 day divorce. this requires him to refinance the house, both of us to refinance the cars, not to mention our student loan and credit card debt that now we will be pay for on single incomes.

with the current economic situation, is there any way to hold off the divorce until we are financially more stable? he wants it as fast as possible no matter how broke he is, but he has some family to bail him out. i on the other hand do not. I know he wants neither of us to be broke after this- I think he feels extremely guilty about his choices and his midlife crisis- but he is still pushing for 90 days. is there any legal action with the current financial times to convince him to just seperate for awhile until we can afford a divorce in a reasonable manner?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
my husband is hell bent on a 90 day divorce. this requires him to refinance the house, both of us to refinance the cars, not to mention our student loan and credit card debt that now we will be pay for on single incomes.

with the current economic situation, is there any way to hold off the divorce until we are financially more stable? he wants it as fast as possible no matter how broke he is, but he has some family to bail him out. i on the other hand do not. I know he wants neither of us to be broke after this- I think he feels extremely guilty about his choices and his midlife crisis- but he is still pushing for 90 days. is there any legal action with the current financial times to convince him to just seperate for awhile until we can afford a divorce in a reasonable manner?
If he wants a divorce, he can get it. However, if you oppose it, it will take a LOT longer than 90 days.

The only way he can even dream of getting it in 90 days is if you both agree to everything and present it to the judge in final form (I'm not sure he can get it that quickly even then).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">