• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation In Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brandix911

Im currently living in Kentwood Michigan. Im living with my Mother and her boyfriend. I recently moved from my Dads and Step Moms to my Mothers. The circumstances at my Mom are not good. She is a terrible acholic and does drugs on a daily basis. I asked my real Dad to let me move back with him and he said "no". I am 16, going to be 17 in November of this year. Im currently looking at emancipation and want to know what are the first steps that I would need to take for the process. I do currently have a job, I'm a waitress at a resterante in Caledoina, Michigan. I did have a car but my Mother took that from me even though I paid full for it, but Im working on getting another one and another part time job, I know it's not going to happen over night and may take sometime but I would like to start the process as soon as possible. I do already have the paper work for the Emancipation, just need to know what exactly I need. I just need alittle time to save up some more money so when I do go to court I can prove that I have houseing and am still going to school. If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks so much.

mistoffolees

Posting Hx is a must read before responding.;)
Good point.

So I guess the first question is why she hasn't followed all the advice she was given previously.

Did she report her circumstances to a person in authority?

I'm also curious why Dad won't let her live with him. Sounds like there's a lot more to the story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">