• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At the end of my rope

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1love

:confused:I've been married for 18yrs and we have been living in a home we bought 5yrs ago i have spent thousands installing a driveway and restoring the home i care for my children,cook clean,laundry,homework ,doctors, visits,give rides to work and school,and take my boys to church ,im doing both jobs.my wife just completed a adminastrators degree to become a princple.from the day she finished classes she told me that she made a mistake because,she married me and that she owns the house i dont ! and thats when i found out that my name was not on the deed I became totaly disabled and had to retire after over twenty years of work do I just walk out on my children and everything that I have worked for? she keeps on asking me to leave i dont drink,drug, hang out im a true family man IN Virgina

Last edited:

LdiJ

:confused:I've been married for 18yrs and we have been living in a home we bought 5yrs ago i have spent thousands installing a driveway and restoring the home i care for my children,cook clean,laundry,homework ,doctors, visits,give rides to work and school,and take my boys to church ,im doing both jobs.my wife just completed a adminastrators degree to become a princple.from the day she finished classes she told me that she made a mistake because,she married me and that she owns the house i dont ! and thats when i found out that my name was not on the deed I became totaly disabled and had to retire after over twenty years of work do I just walk out on my children and everything that I have worked for? she keeps on asking me to leave i dont drink,drug, hang out im a true family man IN Virgina
The home is marital property, even though it is just in her name, since it was purchased during the marriage. Therefore, you will be entitled to a share of the equity in the home.

However, realistically she is probably the one who is going to be able to keep the home. Its solely in her name and you probably wouldn't qualify for a mortgage to buy her out if you are living on disability.

How old are the kids?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">