• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it enough?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tiredofthis

What is the name of your state? AL

If a husband has 2 eyewitnesses of his wife and his wife's lover being in a hotel together, having a room together, and coming out of the hotel together, is that good enough evidence for the husband to get at least joint, if not full custody of their child? I realize a mother has to be proven unfit, but I would think this action questions her "moral character," which is a factor considered in divorce. The husband has been a wonderful father to the child and is certainly fit, so should he fight for custody?

Also, after getting evidence such as this, is there a time limit or any other limits on it being used in court against the wife?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons Why Your Wife Was In A Hotel Room - -

NUMBER 10: Thought she was just there to show him how to use the hotel's Craftmatic adjustable bed.

NUMBER 9: When hotels are filled up, they always break into my place!

NUMBER 8: Checked into a hotel under the name "Mr. and Mrs. Hans Blix" and they're looking for weapons of mass destruction.

NUMBER 7: Last week, she was seen checking into Motel 6 with IAAL!

NUMBER 6: On tape, you can hear her saying to him, "Can you help me navigate my way around my Wonderbra?"

NUMBER 5: Three months ago, she was seen checking into a Motel 6 with a half-inflated weather balloon.

NUMBER 4: When handing out condoms, she throws in a free motel room.

NUMBER 3: She can't help it. The men she knows always give her the same excuse by saying, "Please, I've been at sea for five months, I beg you!"

NUMBER 2: Long after sex has ended, she's still squatting.

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why Your Wife Was In A Hotel Room - -

She's a sex education teacher. Each lesson includes a weekly field trip to Motel 6!

IAAL

enjay

I don't know that it would have much effect on the custody issue. She could make the argument that the affair was carried out away from the home, and therefore away from the child.

Basically, if the father wants custody he should fight for it but only if he wants custody for the good of the child and not to get back at the ex-wife.

T

tiredofthis

??

He has documented the times she went to meet the man and took the baby with her. Of course, she didn't go to a hotel room with the baby (not that he knows of anyway), but he does know that she went to meet the man at someone's house or in a parking lot somewhere and she had the baby with her. Could this be used against her?

T

tiredofthis

??

He has documented the times she went to meet the man and took the baby with her. Of course, she didn't go to a hotel room with the baby (not that he knows of anyway), but he does know that she went to meet the man at someone's house or in a parking lot somewhere and she had the baby with her. Could this be used against her?

B

Boxcarbill

Re: ??

tiredofthis said:
This is a pre-recorded message. Infidelity goes to the husband/wife relationship not to the parent/child relationship. The courts have held that while a spouse may be an unfaithful spouse, they may nevertheless be a good parent.

You have yet to mention why he wants the child. All efforts are focused on slashing and burning the mother. So share with us about the home that the child will live in. Where is day care. Will the employer be generous in allowing the father to take time off work when the child is sick. If not, who will look after the child when it is to sick to be admitted into day care. What are the working hours and days of the week for the father. What responsibilities did he have for the child during the marriage. Let's hear some positive attributes of the father that make him the choice for custodial parent

[Incidentally, I had a Judge whose philosophy was "Where there is adultry by one of the spouses, there is usually adultry by the other spouse, whether we know about it or not." I later found that the Judge was right.]

T

tiredofthis

nope

I can definitely and honestly say the father was a wonderful husband and father. The mother just turned out to be a tramp. As for the child, he wants the kid NOT to get back at the mother, but to protect the child from being in a home that is inferior to his. The man she had an affair with sleeps around and there are witnesses that will tell this if put on the stand. He has 2 children whom he never sees because he was an unfit father. In this case, if the father doesn't get the kid, there is no telling what kind of living conditions the child will be placed in.

T

tiredofthis

?

And as for the questions, both the mother and father work fulltime 8 hour jobs, so work hours are not important. During the marriage, the father was the primary caregiver because the mother was out whoring around.

And as for that judge's philosophy....he was a f***ing fool. There are many spouses whose families are torn apart because of their partner being unfaithful, while they themselves were extremely faithful. If all judges have that attitude, no wonder the court systems are as f***ed up as they are and no wonder slutty moms get their children in cases such as this!

enjay

If you want us to say that the wife had an affair and that means she's an unfit parent and the husband will automatically be granted custody, it isn't going to happen. In fact, if the husband decides to play this hand and portrays the mother of his child as a tramp, it could come back to bite him. Judges see through transparent behavior.

T

tiredofthis

fools

Forget I asked. This forum is obviously for dumbasses like you. What is it?? Do you just take the bad persons side every time?? I haven't seen one reply on here that makes any sense. For your information, EVERY lawyer this "husband" has spoken with told him he has a VERY solid and legitimate case.

Alabama law states that: Under Alabama law, at the time of a divorce, BOTH parents have an EQUAL right to the custody of their children. The Court will be looking at the best interests of your children in determining where they should live after the divorce. There are many factors that go into this determination, and much will depend on the individual facts of your case. Custody of any children of the marriage may be granted to either parent. Factors to be considered are: (1) the age and sex of the child; (2) the safety and well-being of the child; and (3) the moral character of the parents.

Okay, if the mom is whoring around with a man who is already a deadbeat dad, then I would think the husband would be ahead as far as numbers 2 and 3 go.

Where the hell is this website?? California?? You obviously live in an area where whores, lesbians, ******s, thieves, and murderers are considered "godly" since you want to defend the bad people everytime.

enjay

Re: fools

You have given not one example of what makes the father a better parent than the mother. How much more clear can we be...her affair does not make her a bad parent and he will not be automatically granted custody because she found someone else who was better in bed.

Oh, and by the way, lesbians are equated to whores, thieves and murderers in your opinion? That's pathetic.

tiredofthis said:

Where the hell is this website?? California?? You obviously live in an area where whores, lesbians, ******s, thieves, and murderers are considered "godly" since you want to defend the bad people everytime.

T

tiredofthis

read

Read your bible....lesbians are sinners, just as thieves and murderers are. Wrong is wrong. Sin is sin. Are you a lesbian?? Maybe so. Is that why you're offended?

I just told you why the dad is a better parent than the mother....
THE MOTHER NEVER SPENT ANY TIME WITH THE CHILD. SHE LEFT HIM WITH THE FATHER ALL THE TIME SO SHE COULD GO SEE HER LOVER. THE FATHER FED, BATHED, AND TOOK CARE OF THE CHILD.

THE MOTHER'S LOVER IS A BAD PERSON. HE IS A DEADBEAT FATHER AND HAS BEEN REPORTED FOR THIS. HE ALSO HAS NO CONTACT WITH HIS CHILDREN FROM HIS PAST 2 MARRIAGES BECAUSE HE WAS PROVEN UNFIT. WHY THE HELL WOULD ANY JUDGE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND AWARD CUSTODY TO A MOTHER WHO IS GOING TO PUT HER CHILD IN A HOME WITH THIS MAN??

Like I said, you're obviously a bunch of bleeding heart liberals or democrats or something to have these opinions.

B

brake pedal

these people are...

These people are telling you the straight truth. I know it hurts that she did these acts. But in my experience, in this state, what they are saying is true.

The standard practice here for many years in this county, the judge ordered an investigation of the parents by the dept of children’s services. What they determined was what the judge ordered.

That makes sense as he now has professional testimony to base his judgment. And no children’s service did not concern themselves with adultery.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Oh, yeah. The judge will most assuredly give the father custody of this child - - especially with an emotional "train wreck" like our writer living in the household.

Yeah, that'll happen.

IAAL

T

tiredofthis

dummy

I'm not the father, moron. I'm writing for someone. Oh, and brake pedal, come again?? Your wording is horrid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">