• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enough proof of adlutery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

volsfan75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

My wife and I have been living apart for about two weeks. She has admitted to committing adultery. She has admitted this to me, and her friends and family. Is this alone enough to prove the adultery occurred. Also, the person with whom she was sleeping with has admitted to this as well.

JETX

Is this alone enough to prove the adultery occurred. Also, the person with whom she was sleeping with has admitted to this as well.
You would have to PROVE that she made the admission, either by evidence or by testimony of UNBIASED persons.

Arkansas is a one-party record state, so why not try to get her admission on tape?? Or try to get her to confirm (or fail to deny) in writing??

kimberlywrites

Just curious- are you wanting to use adultery as grounds for divorce? Or are you looking for leverage on alimony/child custody/child support?

volsfan75

Just curious- are you wanting to use adultery as grounds for divorce? Or are you looking for leverage on alimony/child custody/child support?
I am looking to use this as grounds for the divorce, and since it was she that chose to leave for this reason, to minimize any alimony. Besides, we have been married less than 5 years. Child support is not something I am trying to duck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">