• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equitable Distribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? OH
Bear with me, details for some who are not updated...might be long.

Ex and I purchased home in 2000 prior to marriage in his name only, I put $8,000 to down payment, his mother put $4000, he put 0.
Married 3 months later.
Total fixer upper. I have receipts for $9000 and checks, and am missing some, for work done on the home.
Divorce filed for due to his affair in June, 2002, including eq. dist.
The only thing in eq. dist was home.
Ex's parents paid off the mortage and bought home Nov. 2002.
I had no idea.
Divorce granted June 2003 with eq. dist. pending.
Ex's parents resold home for a $40,000 profit. Nov. 2003.
I have retained another atty. to my claim for eq. dist.

Throught the process, documents were requested, finally we receive theirs.
They have checks dated in 2004!!!!
Why is this associated to me?
They even included CS checks!?!
Loans ex took from his Mom in 2004...WE WERE ALREADY DIVORCED! THE HOUSE WAS ALREADY SOLD!
In all, the checks and receipts requested, they have NONE that pertain to work done on the home once his parents retained it. They CLAIM to have put $25,000 into the home to sell it and not a single ounce of proof.

Should I be drinking this celebration glass of wine???

Next month is the next "postponed" conciliation.

The judge already, at the last conciliation gave them an opportunity to pay only my $8000 down payment plus interest and THEY said no. It was approx. 12,000.

These checks they produced helped me IMO, his Mom wrote all of them and she ALWAYS writes in the memo space...plus half of them are from 04.

They didn't produce a receipt or check for even one lousy nail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">