• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equitable Distribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmganderson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Since our divorce, my ex-husband purchased a home, a vintage corvette, and a new cadillac. The corvette has no lien so it must have been paid for with cash. I suspect my ex-husband had hidden bank accounts or cash that was not disclosed in his financials. Is there anything I can do about this now? How do I prove hidden cash? How do I find out if he had/has other bank accounts that were not disclosed?

Bali Hai

Since our divorce, my ex-husband purchased a home, a vintage corvette, and a new cadillac. The corvette has no lien so it must have been paid for with cash. I suspect my ex-husband had hidden bank accounts or cash that was not disclosed in his financials. Is there anything I can do about this now? How do I prove hidden cash? How do I find out if he had/has other bank accounts that were not disclosed?
You should have conducted your witch hunt much earlier.

You divorce is final, move on.

mistoffolees

You're going to have to find evidence that he had hidden accounts. "He bought a 'vette and I don't know where the money came from" is not evidence.

If you can provide evidence to the court that he had hidden assets from the court, that would be grounds to re-open the divorce settlement. In the more egregious cases, the court would award 100% of the asset to the injured party as a penalty.

But without evidence that there are hidden accounts, you won't get anywhere.

Spend all of your money!

Just hire an attorney to call for a bunch more hearings and spend a whole bunch more money . That is what all the rest of ya do!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">