• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equity in Home? How to split?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BetrayedMNWife

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MN

My husband and I are divorcing due to his infidelity. My question has to do with the equity on the house. We purchased the house from his grandmother for less than half of what it was worth at the time. Since then, we took out a 2nd mortgage to perform home improvements. We then refinanced and rolled both of those loans into one loan, in addition, rolled an auto loan $12000 (his vehicle) and a 4 wheeler loan $5000 (his vehicle) into the home loan and ate up some of the equity. In the divorce, he is going to get both the 4 wheeler and the vehicle. We will have roughly $16000 in equity left in the house. Am I wrong for requesting the entire equity amount left in the house?

BetrayedMNWife

Shay-Pari'e

BetrayedMNWife said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MN

My husband and I are divorcing due to his infidelity. My question has to do with the equity on the house. We purchased the house from his grandmother for less than half of what it was worth at the time. Since then, we took out a 2nd mortgage to perform home improvements. We then refinanced and rolled both of those loans into one loan, in addition, rolled an auto loan $12000 (his vehicle) and a 4 wheeler loan $5000 (his vehicle) into the home loan and ate up some of the equity. In the divorce, he is going to get both the 4 wheeler and the vehicle. We will have roughly $16000 in equity left in the house. Am I wrong for requesting the entire equity amount left in the house?

BetrayedMNWife
And the judge said? Divorce is ugly, but you sound like your in the process. I can't answer your question, you will need to speak with your lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">