• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Errors on final judgement (Florida)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Va3p0r

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My ex and I received our copies of the final judgement (uncontested dissolution w/ 1 child) On the final judgement it has our daughters birthdate listed incorrectly. Both my ex and myself would like the date to be listed correctly on the final judgement. Would the case need to be re-evaluated in order to make this correction, or can the clerk of the courts simply make the correction? We both would prefer to not have to go back through the process and leave the date of the judgement as is. Is this possible while still having the DOB corrected?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My ex and I received our copies of the final judgement (uncontested dissolution w/ 1 child) On the final judgement it has our daughters birthdate listed incorrectly. Both my ex and myself would like the date to be listed correctly on the final judgement. Would the case need to be re-evaluated in order to make this correction, or can the clerk of the courts simply make the correction? We both would prefer to not have to go back through the process and leave the date of the judgement as is. Is this possible while still having the DOB corrected?
Call your court clerk and ask. The clerk may be able to do it, but if not, you would file a simple motion to correct the date. There's absolutely no reason why you would have to back through the process again.

Although it's not at all clear why it would matter.

Va3p0r

This may or may not help, but the date is listed incorrectly on Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with Dependent or Minor Child. Every other document in the packet, including everything relating to the parenting plan has the date listed correctly.

mistoffolees

This may or may not help, but the date is listed incorrectly on Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with Dependent or Minor Child. Every other document in the packet, including everything relating to the parenting plan has the date listed correctly.
if it's right everywhere else, just call the county clerk to see if they can fix it.

It shouldn't matter, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">