• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estranged Spouse & Mistress using my address for checking account?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pennsylvania

My husband left me on July 10, 2004. I have been living in the marital home. Neither has filed divorce proceedings yet (I am barely making ends meet financially).
He & his mistress recently opened a joint checking account, and for some unknown reason he used OUR home address. He did a post office change of address in August (his social security check etc get forwarded by the post office to his MOTHER'S address), so apparently he assumed that I wouldn't find out about the checking account.

Can he legally do this? He is still listed on the deed, but hasn't lived here since July, and his mistress NEVER lived here....and with her horrible reputation (children taken off of her for sexual abuse, several auto accidents, god only knows what else) I sure don't want her name on a checking account or anything else having to do with this house/address!!

The account is listed as "his name" OR "her name". And the marital home address.

And can anyone add any legal info as to why he would even do such a thing? I'm afraid he's got something up his sleeve...

4ARMADILLOS

re

ca
I am unsure of your laws there but Id get to filing that divorce paper. state to the court (in your file) that he is doing this. then for $12.00 you can put a freeze on your credit report so that she cannot use your name and get a credit card for her and your husband. it happens!
You could call the bank and questions them on what would happen if anything re: addresses? IF she is a bit slimmy or sneeky, id do everything to cover yourself, including cancel any cards or accounts you have w/your husband.
You ex might be wanting the house soon or SHE might have put your address on the account just to show you she now has control of your ex. Place an ad in the local paper showing you and ex name have no responsabilities togther and are legally seperated and divorcing. Get legally seperated now!! if youre not, any bills he or she obtain you might have to pay for later. that happens too. A

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">