• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evict my husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mylegalissue

Maryland
My husband and I are legally separated and awaiting a final divorce due to his cheating on me. During the seperation process he legally signed the house over to me and it is in my name. He agreed to move out but that time has come and gone and now he refuses to leave.
What can I do to get him out of the house. Do I have any legal grounds to have him evicted?

Thanks for any help on this subject

JETX

mylegalissue said:
Do I have any legal grounds to have him evicted?
If it truly is YOUR house exclusively, then yes, you can have him evicted. However, you have to serve him with a 30 day WRITTEN notice of termination of his 'at will' tenancy first. Then, if he hasn't left after the 30 days, you can start formal eviction proceedings.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
JETX said:
If it truly is YOUR house exclusively, then yes, you can have him evicted. However, you have to serve him with a 30 day WRITTEN notice of termination of his 'at will' tenancy first. Then, if he hasn't left after the 30 days, you can start formal eviction proceedings.
Actually it truly isn't her house exclusively because it is the marital residence and they are still married. Unless the court has awarded her the house in a court order then he can stay there until the property division which decides the houes. If the court has awarded her the house then she can do what you say OR she can take him back to court for contempt of court.

JETX

Ohiogal said:
Actually it truly isn't her house exclusively because it is the marital residence and they are still married.
Not true. Ohio is NOT a community property state... and if one of the spouses chooses to remove their ownership rights... and does so as required by law (as appears in this case), it IS her house. And he no longer retains ownership rights. As for something being a marital asset or not, that is entirely up to the court.

Unless the court has awarded her the house in a court order then he can stay there until the property division which decides the houes. If the court has awarded her the house then she can do what you say OR she can take him back to court for contempt of court.
Not true. See above.

BelizeBreeze

I have to agree with Jet on this one, based solely on the original post.
mylegalissue said:
Maryland
During the seperation process he legally signed the house over to me and it is in my name.

chascomus

Here's what you can do to evict him...

My sister was just evicted by her husband. No one can beleive it, but it happened. All he had to do was fight for custody of the kids, claim she was "disrupting" the family, and like magic, 30 days later, she's standing in front of a judge hearing him order her out in 45 days!.....thats how easy it was. It appeared to the judge that she didn't care about the kids and that the dad did....and that was it. Funny, I was always proud of the law, assuming it looked into detail and gave orders that were just and proper.

Just claim he's disrupting your life....

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
chascomus said:
My sister was just evicted by her husband. No one can beleive it, but it happened. All he had to do was fight for custody of the kids, claim she was "disrupting" the family, and like magic, 30 days later, she's standing in front of a judge hearing him order her out in 45 days!.....thats how easy it was. It appeared to the judge that she didn't care about the kids and that the dad did....and that was it. Funny, I was always proud of the law, assuming it looked into detail and gave orders that were just and proper.

Just claim he's disrupting your life....
YOu really need to back off and knock it off. You have been whining contuously about this regardless of what anyone has told you. Fighting for custody of the kids when your sister didn't shows that she didn't care about the kids because all she wanted was the property. The law does look into detail during the trial. Your sister isn't even there yet.

chascomus

Free advice means FREE ADVICE!

OhioGal....telling me to knock it off...or back off, goes completely against what this web iste is ALL ABOUT.....it's just free advice. And that is what I gave. If you don't like it, defend yourself, or criticize the content or quality of what I say, BUT DON'T "shoo" me away.
What I just said was reality....and we are living it....a person can simply claim their spouse is disrupting their life....period....Do you have something against that?.....or just against me?

JETX

chascomus said:
OhioGal....telling me to knock it off.
How about I tell you are you are whiney, fat-assed, skank who offers NO value to this forum at all, other than to present your random 'woe is me' droolings.
Who gives a crap about what your sister did... or didn't do. It has absolutely NOTHING to do wtih this thread!!!

chascomus

Wow, you are bored

As of yet I haven't insulted anyone. I'll only tell you JetX, that at least the "fat" part is WAY off. Why not save the insults, and actually give some good advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">