• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex did not sign my copy of Decree but stamped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HHunter

This was a no contest divorce.

My Ex' lawyer sent me the decree and my ex name was not signed by him. However, there was a stamp on the document from the court, officializing it?

My ex told me that the stamp means it is official and they never asked him to sign. This makes my heart skip a beat. Should I get him to sign it or is it in fact legal with the stamp without his signature?

LdiJ

This was a no contest divorce.

My Ex' lawyer sent me the decree and my ex name was not signed by him. However, there was a stamp on the document from the court, officializing it?

My ex told me that the stamp means it is official and they never asked him to sign. This makes my heart skip a beat. Should I get him to sign it or is it in fact legal with the stamp without his signature?
Did the judge sign it? If its official, it would have the judge's signature on it.

Silverplum

Originally Posted by HHunter
I am getting pieces answered at a time...
Don't.

We (and the TOS, IIRC) discourage double posting. There's a good reason, too -- keep all your divorce questions in ONE thread, and ALL of your history/info is there.

You'll get better, more well-rounded legal info that way.

Regardless, stop posting multiple threads every time you think up a new q. Add to your existing thread/s. One for custody, one for divorce, one for CS. That's it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">