• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Does Not Surpise Us Anymore!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FEEDUP

What is the name of your state?GA

My fiance's soon to be Ex has no morals. Financally, she has cheated her way through their entire marrige. They are now going through a lengthy divorce because she is trying to prolong the issue. We found out things like an abortion, now he's wondering should he get a DNA test for his daughter that is now 10. She emblezzed money from a company she only worked for for 6 mths and now they are sueing her for 130K, there's a lien on the home because of this and my fiance's name is on it. There a 1st of 115K and a 2nd of 26K. She was to refinance the home in order that his name be removed, but that has not happen probably due to the high lien. Now we found out that she have not paid the mortgage in 3 to 4 months.We think she will let the house foreclose. They have been seperated for 1 1/2 years. There is a temp. order in place for visitation and child support. Is there any action that he can take in order to get his name off the house asap, before she ruins him. Please help.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
FEEDUP said:

My fiance's soon to be Ex has no morals. Financally, she has cheated her way through their entire marrige. They are now going through a lengthy divorce because she is trying to prolong the issue. We found out things like an abortion, now he's wondering should he get a DNA test for his daughter that is now 10. She emblezzed money from a company she only worked for for 6 mths and now they are sueing her for 130K, there's a lien on the home because of this and my fiance's name is on it. There a 1st of 115K and a 2nd of 26K. She was to refinance the home in order that his name be removed, but that has not happen probably due to the high lien. Now we found out that she have not paid the mortgage in 3 to 4 months.We think she will let the house foreclose. They have been seperated for 1 1/2 years. There is a temp. order in place for visitation and child support. Is there any action that he can take in order to get his name off the house asap, before she ruins him. Please help.
He can pay the mortgage. And truthfully he is cheating on her by being your fiance before he is divorced. Pot meet kettle. A DNA test for his daughter? If it is his daughter does a DNA test matter? Seriously? You really need to take a step back.

LdiJ

FEEDUP said:

If there is enough equity in the home to at least cover the 1st and 2nd mortgages....then his only real hope of saving his credit is to make the past due payments, and then try to convince the judge to order that the house be sold.

FEEDUP

Ohiogal said:
He can pay the mortgage. And truthfully he is cheating on her by being your fiance before he is divorced. Pot meet kettle. A DNA test for his daughter? If it is his daughter does a DNA test matter? Seriously? You really need to take a step back.

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AND IT JUST THAT. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GO INTO DETAILS THAT HAS LEAD UP TO THIS POINT, ONLY THE IMPORTANT THINGS MATTER. SOME PEOPLE MARRIGES ARE OVER MENTALLY BEORE THEY ACTUALLY MOVE OUT BECAUSE THEY STAY FOR THE KIDS...WRONG! KIDS FEELS AND KNOWS THAT THINGS ARE NOT RIGHT SO WHY PUT THEM THROUGH ALL THE TENSION, FUSSING AND FIGHTING IN THE HOUSEHOLD. YES, AT THIS POINT A DNA TEST DOES MATTER FOR HIS PIECE OF MIND AFTER BEING A MAN, HUSBAND AND FATHER AND THAN TO FIND OUT IT ALL WAS AND COULD BE A LIE!!!!

NOW TO THE ADDRESS THE IMPORTANT ISSUE. NO, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EQUITY IN THE HOME. THE PORTION OF THE CHILD SUPPORT IS ALSO PART OF THE MORTGAGE PAYMENT. WE WERE THINKING ABOUT FILING ANOTHER CASE TO HAVE HE NAME REMOVED SINCE NOT PAYING THE MORTGAGE WILL PUT HER IN CONTEMPT OF THE COURT ORDER. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLY.

ALL OTHERS, IF YOU ARE NOT HERE TO GIVE A LITTLE ADVISE OR INSITE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR SCRONED PERSONAL OPINIONS TO YOUSELF.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
FEEDUP said:
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AND IT JUST THAT. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GO INTO DETAILS THAT HAS LEAD UP TO THIS POINT, ONLY THE IMPORTANT THINGS MATTER. SOME PEOPLE MARRIGES ARE OVER MENTALLY BEORE THEY ACTUALLY MOVE OUT BECAUSE THEY STAY FOR THE KIDS...WRONG! KIDS FEELS AND KNOWS THAT THINGS ARE NOT RIGHT SO WHY PUT THEM THROUGH ALL THE TENSION, FUSSING AND FIGHTING IN THE HOUSEHOLD. YES, AT THIS POINT A DNA TEST DOES MATTER FOR HIS PIECE OF MIND AFTER BEING A MAN, HUSBAND AND FATHER AND THAN TO FIND OUT IT ALL WAS AND COULD BE A LIE!!!!

NOW TO THE ADDRESS THE IMPORTANT ISSUE. NO, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EQUITY IN THE HOME. THE PORTION OF THE CHILD SUPPORT IS ALSO PART OF THE MORTGAGE PAYMENT. WE WERE THINKING ABOUT FILING ANOTHER CASE TO HAVE HE NAME REMOVED SINCE NOT PAYING THE MORTGAGE WILL PUT HER IN CONTEMPT OF THE COURT ORDER. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLY.

ALL OTHERS, IF YOU ARE NOT HERE TO GIVE A LITTLE ADVISE OR INSITE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR SCRONED PERSONAL OPINIONS TO YOUSELF.
First of all learn some net etiquette and quit shouting. You can't speak about his ex's morals when the same could be said about his. You said she has cheated on him. Well technically he is cheating on her as well. So calling her a cheater and making excuses for him makes you a hypocrite. That is a fact.
As for the DNA test, he has been a father to this child her whole life right? Does blood really matter that much to him or does he want to continue being a father to the child? If he has been a good father then he loves the child and cares for the child. Should that change just because he and the mother are not getting along? And what happens if he gets the DNA test and finds out the child is his and the child finds out that daddy wanted out so badly he would deny her? Think about that. And is he willing to just walk away from the child he has been a father to after all this time? If so, he isn't much of a father.
Legally he can get a DNA test. But he needs to consider his daughter. She should come first in this and NOT the two bickering hating adults. She is ten and for ten years he has been her father. Now he is willing to throw that relationship away or seriously harm it because he is mad at his soon to be ex wife?
And you can not file anything. He has to. You are NOT a party to this. So again step back. He can file a motion to have her held in contempt but he CANNOT file a motion to force the bank to remove him from the mortgage because he and his ex are getting a divorce. He signed a contract that made him responsible for the mortgage. The only way to stop it from going into foreclosure is to pay the mortgage.
What i am stating is fact. If you don't like it, I can't help it.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
stealth2 said:
What's a scroned opinion? I need to know if I have one. :cool:
I think it is one of those things that goes good with coffee.. like a danish... oops my bad -- that is a scone. :D

AHA

FEEDUP said:

If they have been separated for over a year, why hasn't he filed for divorce during all those 18 months? By prolonging that for as long as he has, he will now have to suffer for all the financial messes she has created after he moved out along with the ones while he was still in the house.
Tell your lover to see a divorce lawyer.

Just FYI, by washing your dirty laundry on the internet for the world to see, you need to get thicker skin fast, because it also opens the door for reactions that you won't like. Suck it up and move on, or opt to consult face to face with a lawyer.

LdiJ

FEEDUP said:

And...to add to the excellent answers you have already received......to "not have the time to go into the details" means that you aren't asking for serious advice.....because in order to get serious advice the details matter.

ceara19

If they were married at the time of the child birth, a DNA test won't make any difference in court unless there is another person that can be proven as the biological child. If for some reason he feels as though he HAS to know, he can get a private DNA test done.
I don't see where this woman "has no morals" based on your info. You're claiming she finacially cheated her way through the marriage, but you're not explain what it she did. There's evidence that she's had an abortion, SO WHAT! Frankly, that is none of your business, it doesn't concern YOU. Hell it's not even her husband's business
Honestly, you really shouldn't go around calling people immoral, unless you can back it up.

ceara19 said:
There's evidence that she's had an abortion, SO WHAT! Frankly, that is none of your business, it doesn't concern YOU.
Amen to that! The abortion that has NOTHING to do with any legal question and quiet frankly (IMHO) shouldn't be thrown into the mix to make the exwife look "immoral" when the OP is the one who's with a MARRIED man. So those are my two cents.

ceara19

AmarieNorton said:
Amen to that! The abortion that has NOTHING to do with any legal question and quiet frankly (IMHO) shouldn't be thrown into the mix to make the exwife look "immoral" when the OP is the one who's with a MARRIED man. So those are my two cents.
Thank You! I REALLY hate it when someone feels the need to point out what they see as faults in others while standing on their MORAL soapbox. Like you said, SHE'S the one shacked up with another woman's husband. I'm surprised she hasn't responded with the typical pro-life mantra about abortion being unchristian and a mortal sin, blah, blah, blah. I've checked several different versions of the bible, not one of them says anything about "Thou shalt not have an abortion" but EVERY one of them included, "Judge not lest ye be judged".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">