• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex hubby defaulted on house pmts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MzVenge

What is the name of your state? Washington State

Through our daughter she has told me that her father has defaulted on 2 morgage pmts,I in turn contacted the Morgage Co they are in Cal,I have been on the phone with these ppls for almost a week,I keep telling them that I can not afford it I dont want it,and they keep telling me that its going to come back on me if its not payed,the morgage company also tells me that the only way for me to get my name removed is to pay off the balance or to refinance...I have sent them a noterized copy of our divorce papers they still tell me that its still commin back to me....I need some help here fast it goes into forcloser on or before Aug 10 2002.....I do not want to loose what I have established in the 4 yrs sence my divorce...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MzVenge said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State

Through our daughter she has told me that her father has defaulted on 2 morgage pmts,I in turn contacted the Morgage Co they are in Cal,I have been on the phone with these ppls for almost a week,I keep telling them that I can not afford it I dont want it,and they keep telling me that its going to come back on me if its not payed,the morgage company also tells me that the only way for me to get my name removed is to pay off the balance or to refinance...I have sent them a noterized copy of our divorce papers they still tell me that its still commin back to me....I need some help here fast it goes into forcloser on or before Aug 10 2002.....I do not want to loose what I have established in the 4 yrs sence my divorce...
My response:

Yours is a very common problem, and one that appears quite frequently on these forums. Please click on the following link.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=96356&highlight=default+mortgage

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">