• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Husband not abiding by granted divorce decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cogle1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Can you please tell me if there is anything that can be done if the divorce decree states that each party is to be responsible for 1/2 of a monthly installment payment to the Internal Revenue Service and one party has paid nothing to date. The divorce was final in October of 2003 and the decree stated that he would pay 1/2 of the payment to me and I would make the monthly installment agreement payment. I did this because I knew he would not be responsible and make the monthly payments. After our separation, he has never paid anything. I have tried to get relief from the IRS, but have been unsuccessful and continue to be solely reponsible for the entire payment. What are my options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">