• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex husband signs listing agreement. I did not sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aerosmith247

What is the name of your state? TN

Our MDA states that both parties must agree to a real estate agent to sell the family residence. The home is empty. My ex-husband has signed an exclusive listing agreement with a local realitor. Acording to our MDA I receive all proceeds from the sell of the house. I have only talked to the real estate agent once. Not sure why she isn't returning my phone calls. My question: What do I need to do? I want the house sold, but did not agree to ANYTHING concerning the sale. From what I know the listing agent has paid to have the house professionally cleaned, the lawn mowed, and items my ex left behind to be moved by a company. I did not agree to any of this and I believe she will be seeking payment at the time of closing. Any suggestions.

Thank you!!!

annefan

Fax a copy of your MDA to the listing agent. If your MDA stipulates that your signature is required for Listing Contracts and Agreements of Sale on the property, that should motivate a return phone call. Then your questions can be answered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">