• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-husband threatening me not to date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jswyers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
My soon to be exhusband has said that he's including in our divorce if I date or marry a particular man after our divorce he will move to take full custody of our kids...can he do this?

cyjeff

My soon to be exhusband has said that he's including in our divorce if I date or marry a particular man after our divorce he will move to take full custody of our kids...can he do this?
Sure, he can ask.

Unless the person would be a danger to the children, a judge won't grant it, though.

People threaten a lot of stuff they can't back up when going through a divorce. Now, there is precedence for not allowing unmarried overnight guests when the kids are around.... but your ex can't tell you whom to date and marry.

Just Blue

Okay...What is your husbands issue with this "particular man"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">