• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex husband's attorney uses abusive language

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kumarpk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My Ex-husband is harassing me and my husband when it comes to child care. We have appointed an attorney and the opposing attorney is using abusive language in communication. We feel that our attorney is not capable enough to support us against such abusive behavior of the opposing counsel. Next Week we have a mediation.

Please help us what step can we take at this time. We are not able to take the language used by them.

Thank you very much

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

My Ex-husband is harassing me and my husband when it comes to child care. We have appointed an attorney and the opposing attorney is using abusive language in communication. We feel that our attorney is not capable enough to support us against such abusive behavior of the opposing counsel. Next Week we have a mediation.

Please help us what step can we take at this time. We are not able to take the language used by them.

Thank you very much
Retain a different attorney.

What do you mean by abusive language?

Silverplum

In all of my years here and IRL, I have never heard of this problem.

I'd need to know what the "abusive language" is, exactly. Do not type out curse words, but do give us a concrete example, please.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Thank you very much
Why is your husband involved in this?
How did you get an appointed attorney for a domestic relations issue?
What type of abusive language is being used?

anearthw

I'm sensing a language miscommunication here. Are you referring to abusive, as in actual swear words, or abusive as in making accusations against you? Please clarify what you mean by "abusive"? I find it very unlikely that a family law attorney is communicating using actual abusive language, rather it sounds like you are offended by what he is saying, but there is no actual abusive language.

commentator

Any mediator worth their salt will not let them use "abusive language" that is derogatory and not necessarily accurate, as in "this low life prostitute" did so and so to my client, or even "this drug addicted trash bag excuse for a parent!" as such name calling does not significantly contribute to the climate of the dialogue and does not provide any useful information. I also would like to know exactly what "abusive language" you are talking about and what in what context it was used by a legal professional. Later in the post, you say "abusive behavior" as opposed to abusive language, and say your attorney cannot sufficiently protect you. Please clarify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">