• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex not paying her court order

• Thread starter nightlif3karaok
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nightlif3karaok

i am in West Virginia and am going through a divorce, my soon to be ex is given alimony to and is suppossed to be making the house payment with the alimony, but i just contacted the bank and they told me that she is past due 3 month's and about to forclose on house, since the loan is in mine and her name can they come back on me and make me pay the back payment's or what?

D

dorenephilpot

Yes, if your name is also on the note, the bank can come after you for the $ if your ex is not paying the mortgage.

How can that be? Your agreement or court order to have her be responsible for the mortgage is not binding on the bank, which was not a party to this agreement/order.

It IS, however, binding on her, and you need to get to court and ask for a contempt hearing on this issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">